2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

I just purchased the Truck Cover USA American roll cover with quick release handle for $1413 from autoanything. It pays to use the little chat screen as I went from a msrp of $1650 with $100 off, so $1550 to $1413 after the chat. They also gave me credited me the difference for a catback i purchased earlier because I noticed it was now cheaper. IT all took 10 minutes at best, great place to deal with. Once the truck and the cover both come in and I get a free weekend to install, I'll post pics/review.

After reading your post, I did a little homework on the Truck Cover. I was set on the Retrax, but this looks just as good with an additional two drain holes in the rear. The two toolbox options are nice too.

Think my mind got changed.

Thanks!

• Like 1

After reading your post, I did a little homework on the Truck Cover. I was set on the Retrax, but this looks just as good with an additional two drain holes in the rear. The two toolbox options are nice too.

Think my mind got changed.

Thanks!

If you want a Truck Cover USA cover, you're better off going to a LINE-X dealer. The Truck Gear by LINE-X cover is the same EXACT cover except you get a lifetime warranty instead of a 3-year warranty. Also, you automatically get the optional "keyless entry" handle.

Here's a link, scroll down to "Retractable Hard Tonneau Cover". http://truckgear.com/p-18942-truck-gear-accessories.html

I thought of that, but I figured any truck gear was full retail and I took a gamble to save money up front. Plus I figured a truck gear place would need to install it for the guarantee which would add even more cost. Again that wasn't a fact a checked, just a hunch I went off of.

That is one drawback with these covers along with losing a perimeter of bed space from the rails and canister.

You may want to send an email to Truck Covers USA to ask about that, I hear they are in San Diego.

Overall I am really happy with the design, look, and functionality with this cover drawbacks aside.

I would think you could trace out a template and then bring the rails to any machine shop and they could notch out for the pocket. Then you would have to bring the rails to a powder coater and get them recoated. It would be a bit of work, but if it matters to you, then it will be worth it.

About to order a rollx. Where are you guys ordering from? Any discounts going on?

I ordered my BakFlip from Morrie at the BakFlip Factory Outlet. The chat box comes up on the website and you can ask for the discount there.

• Like 1