2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

Since i just picked up the soft Extang Trifecta...but I never researched how these soft covers hold up in the snow. Then I noticed the Extang manufacturing site is Ann Arbor Michigan so I am guessing the developers took northern winters into consideration. Any real world experience out there with soft covers and accumulated snow???

I've had my trifecta since 2010. Truck sits outside all year round. It's had a foot of wet snow on it. Pushed it off and it wasn't even stretched. It's never leaked a drop either. Great cover.

I've had my trifecta since 2010. Truck sits outside all year round. It's had a foot of wet snow on it. Pushed it off and it wasn't even stretched. It's never leaked a drop either. Great cover.

appreciate the reassuring post Jack! This week they are calling for our first "Polar Vortex" of the year so sooner or later we will get dumped on with snow and it's nice to.know the trifecta will hold that much snow. My new truck is too long to fit in the garage so guess who is out in the cold.

appreciate the reassuring post Jack! This week they are calling for our first "Polar Vortex" of the year so sooner or later we will get dumped on with snow and it's nice to.know the trifecta will hold that much snow. My new truck is too long to fit in the garage so guess who is out in the cold.

I hear that. Crew Cab, Standard box over here. Doesn't fit in my garage either and my garage is quite big.

I hear that. Crew Cab, Standard box over here. Doesn't fit in my garage either and my garage is quite big.

Mine will fit if I kick my wife's car out. Yeah, not gonna happen. LOL

Don't think this has been mentioned but I could have missed it. I ultimately ended up with the Advantage Hard Hat Premier cover for my truck. I really like the way it looks on my truck and it gives a good bit of security as well with the hard shell under the canvas. If you haven't checked these covers out, I suggest you do so, especially if you are interested in the Extang Trifecta cover. I will try and post a picture soon as I don't have one yet with the cover on the truck.

This is my first truck, so I don't have any actual experience for what cover will work best for me. I'm leaning towards a Bak Flip version right now. I don't know if I really like the rear window being blocked when open, but I don't think it would be a problem in real world operation. I drove my fathers step van and his box truck several times and learned to use my mirrors. The back up camera is also there.My neighbor has used Roll N Lock on his past two trucks and likes them. I don't know if I want to lose the bed space though as these short bed trucks aren't actually big to start.

I live in Houston and the truck sits outside, so it will be subject to the intense sun and weather. I want a surface that will stand up without fading while being easy to care for. If I went with a roll up type, it might be a Retrax because of the powder coated aluminum surface. I also will probably install one of those swing out bed boxes at the back of the bed, so it would need to work with the cover.

I'd appreciate any opinions if they are out there.

I am in the middle of a selection myself. I've had an Extang Trifecta for the last five years and it has been flawless. It's been on and off the truck over 20 times and it still does not leak a drop. I do spray vinyl protectant on it every other month. It has been through the summer heat and horrible winters without a hitch.

I was turned off by the Bak Flip solely because it rests on the back of the truck cab. I am sure there will be damage to the paint surface after time. Then I found the Undercover Flex. This seems like an improved version of the Bak Flip.

I was all set to purchase the Flex until I visited a local truck accessory shop in my area. Extang is having a special running up to November 24th. If you buy the E-Max, which is a vinyl version of the Flex, you get a BedRug mat for free. This was a no brainer for me. Saved $400 if I purchased the Flex and bedrug separately.

I am not worried about security so the vinyl is fine for me. If you are sure you want the hard cover, I think the Flex is a better choice.

Hope that helps.

I've owned two BakFlip models on different trucks. While it is true that the folded up cover rests against the back window when fully opened, there are cushions that prevent scratching of the cab. I moved some furniture and I liked the fact that the cover actually protected the back cab window. Never had any scratches...

I also want to point out that you do not have to open it fully to gain access. I often open it ¾ open to haul higher objects. There are tie downs built in the last panel where bungee cords can be attached to hold it open securely. Just sayin'...

I just purchased the Truck Cover USA American roll cover with quick release handle for $1413 from autoanything. It pays to use the little chat screen as I went from a msrp of $1650 with $100 off, so $1550 to $1413 after the chat. They also gave me credited me the difference for a catback i purchased earlier because I noticed it was now cheaper. IT all took 10 minutes at best, great place to deal with. Once the truck and the cover both come in and I get a free weekend to install, I'll post pics/review.