2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

I just used some rubber cement glue on the seals. I folded the buckle straps in half so the plastic buckle no longer rattles against the cab, but they still sit flush between the cab and bed and are mostly out of sight.

if anyone in Ontario Canada is looking for a short box soft trifold cover (has Chevy logo on it, direct from the dealer) i have a buddy who traded his 14 short box in for 14 reg box box and is looking to sell the cover.

i dont know what he wants for it but i can get you in touch with him.

I'm looking into glueing the front corners too. Got a brand new hot glue gun, and haven't had anything to use it on yet... :) I do see a big deal in having to re-engineer a product to work as intended. Small leaks are OK, this is a major hole. I still say a cross member holding the cover tightly at the front with proper seals and hard strap buckle mounts (the buckles rattle like crazy between the bed and cab.) would be a 1000% improvement in this product. I hope they continue to improve, maybe on version 3 of this cover?

I also thought about covering/blocking the release cable. Probably do exactly what you suggested with the metal bracket. Thanks.

I installed the same cover on my 2014 Silverado regular bed 3 months ago and love it. I used the weather strips in front and all I get is probably a few ounces - enough to make a very small puddle near the front corners after I run it through the car wash or after a really heavy rain.

The cover settled completely flat for me after a week or so in the hot sun. The only complaint I have is that when I go to roll it up, it sticks a little unless I manually push up the stops by the tail gate, one of these days I may get around to re-aligning the cover, but for now, it's no biggie.

Ordered my High Country with the Factory Folding Hard Tonneau cover and so far I'm very happy with it. 5ea3b8a1adae98789cf7233e87af24c8.jpg

I like that one. Seems like one of the pricier ones though!

It was 925 installed plus tax locally. The other models are only 200 less, that's not a whole lot when you have a 30k truck. Do it once do it right.

Also the reason I chose the HD over the g2 due to it having quite a few features from there flagship f1 model

Super happy about my purchase.

• Like 1

It was 925 installed plus tax locally. The other models are only 200 less, that's not a whole lot when you have a 30k truck. Do it once do it right.

Also the reason I chose the HD over the g2 due to it having quite a few features from there flagship f1 model

Super happy about my purchase.

Fair enough.

Just picked up my new 2014 Sierra SLT Double Cab in Quicksilver so it's a 6'.6" bed. My first post and brand new to these boards and new to GM trucks. I have read 25+ pages on this tonneau cover thread and am stretched on the purchase of the Sierra and want to get a tonneau that fits comfortable but fits the budget too. Please help me force rank the following:

TonnoPro soft (item# 42-108) $269.00

Tonno Pro Hard (item# HF-158) $529.00

Extang Hard (#56445) $646.00

Extang Trifecta (#44445) $334.00

Greatly appreciate the input/advice.

It all depends, how much does security matter to you? I have heard a lot of people having issues with the hard extang leaking. The tonno pro hard is a bit clumsy to latch but, the one piece top layer helps keep water out I'd imagine.

It all depends, how much does security matter to you? I have heard a lot of people having issues with the hard extang leaking. The tonno pro hard is a bit clumsy to latch but, the one piece top layer helps keep water out I'd imagine.

I pulled the trigger on the extang soft. Security does matter to me but it isn't really an issue when factoring in the decision. Thanks for your reply by the way!

I have the Extang Full Tilt. 3rd one I've owned. I had this same cover on my 09, 13 and now 14 trucks. Opens like a hardshell, you can roll the tarp up like a regular soft OR the entire frame with tarp in tact can be removed in less than 30 seconds. Very slick cover and I highly recommend it.

Since i just picked up the soft Extang Trifecta...but I never researched how these soft covers hold up in the snow. Then I noticed the Extang manufacturing site is Ann Arbor Michigan so I am guessing the developers took northern winters into consideration. Any real world experience out there with soft covers and accumulated snow???

Since i just picked up the soft Extang Trifecta...but I never researched how these soft covers hold up in the snow. Then I noticed the Extang manufacturing site is Ann Arbor Michigan so I am guessing the developers took northern winters into consideration. Any real world experience out there with soft covers and accumulated snow???

I have one on my 2013 and am putting one on my 2015. Great product no issues last winter and it was a record winter