2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

anyone know if a cover off a 2012 short box will fit my 2014 short box?

not sure if the box size changed at all in the last 2 yrs?

The trifecta trifold off my 2012 6.5' bed is on my 2014 6.5' bed right now, it fits great… But it depends on the style of the tonneau cover, mine is the easy remove kind that has no rails to install, I just put the cover on, screw down to clamps, then fold the cover down and latch the back…

20140612_103424_zps7bd88a23.jpg

I ended up ordering the extang undercover flex, free install and it goes in tomorrow morning. Spent a lot more on it than i wanted to pay for a cover but that seems to be how I've been doing everything the last couple months.

I really need something that is locking and not easy to break into, it's got to lock hunting gear In it.

The trifecta trifold off my 2012 6.5' bed is on my 2014 6.5' bed right now, it fits great… But it depends on the style of the tonneau cover, mine is the easy remove kind that has no rails to install, I just put the cover on, screw down to clamps, then fold the cover down and latch the back…

20140612_103424_zps7bd88a23.jpg

I was thinking about batting this cover. How do you like it? Any complaints?

Looks nice, install today. Top view

attachicon.gifPicsArt_1412543995035.jpg

i really considered going with a fiberglass cover, but my last one got scratched up.

what brand did you get? raider? mine was lowrider, more smooth looking style than raider, but i think the latches you loose quality over raider.

i really considered going with a fiberglass cover, but my last one got scratched up.

what brand did you get? raider? mine was lowrider, more smooth looking style than raider, but i think the latches you loose quality over raider.

It's a Undercover Lux SE. It's not made of ABS composite material aka polymer. I didn't want fiberglass for the exact reason that you stated. I love it so far. It isn't to heavy and simple to remove.

I was thinking about batting this cover. How do you like it? Any complaints?

My father has one on his 2009 Silverado. Both rear hinges have broken in the middle. He hasn't replaced them yet since he doesn't consider it a problem. I think replacements are $50 each or so.

My father has one on his 2009 Silverado. Both rear hinges have broken in the middle. He hasn't replaced them yet since he doesn't consider it a problem. I think replacements are $50 each or so.

The Extang Trifecta has a limited lifetime warranty on the frame including the hinges.

utyna8y4.jpg

rugedahy.jpg

8y5ahyry.jpg

u9ajejen.jpg

7y3e9ybe.jpg

Undercover flex part #11019

2014 Silverado 1500 LT V8 4x4 All-Star Edition

i just got the same cover today, you may want to check where your drain tubes are routed to.

i noticed you have the locking rod on the panel closest to the cab, and for some reason i have the slam latches on all 3 panels....design change maybe?

i just got the same cover today, you may want to check where your drain tubes are routed to.

i noticed you have the locking rod on the panel closest to the cab, and for some reason i have the slam latches on all 3 panels....design change maybe?

Undercover changed the design. All panels are slam latch now.

Is it possible that any of the covers can be used with a rack also? I see that some of them leave the stake holes mostly uncovered, but not sure if there is enough clearance to make it work. Just curious

Bak Industries (aka Bakflip models) and Pace Edwards models have an integrated rack that can be purchased separately with a special track to accommodate the rack. There may be others. My concern of using a standard rack with a cover and track is how much space the track takes up on the top of the bed rail and how much it needs for the rack stakes or around the rack stakes. The stake holes may be accessible, but not much more than that.

Here's some examples in the Canoe/Kayak thread. In the Fourth post you can see the Invis-I-Rack as an example.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/165295-canoekayak-transport/

Edited by chuckl1218