2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

Installed a Bak Roll-X cover Monday night. I didn't want another tilting hard fiberglass cover like I had on my last two trucks becuase it really limits what you can carry in the bed unless you completely remove it, which requires multiple people. So i wanted something that was low profile, and could roll up, but still be solid so it was secure. Really liking it so far, except the rubber along the edges is not laying completely flat. Hoping that will work itself out over time.

B7EA22E5-0ED4-4FCA-B0E3-F6A25E30182B_zps
F2C1AA3B-6F41-4AF3-B94D-84EECB266CCA_zps

• Like 2

Installed a Bak Roll-X cover Monday night. I didn't want another tilting hard fiberglass cover like I had on my last two trucks becuase it really limits what you can carry in the bed unless you completely remove it, which requires multiple people. So i wanted something that was low profile, and could roll up, but still be solid so it was secure. Really liking it so far, except the rubber along the edges is not laying completely flat. Hoping that will work itself out over time.

B7EA22E5-0ED4-4FCA-B0E3-F6A25E30182B_zps

F2C1AA3B-6F41-4AF3-B94D-84EECB266CCA_zps

That looks great. I just ordered an undercover flex. If I don't like it, I'm sending it back for the roll x.

I've got the Roll-X too and am completely satisfied with it. It's a hundred times better than the old style canvas styles and IMO, the fiberglass covers - and don't worry, the edges settle down nice and flat after a week or so, sooner if it gets really hot outside.

Still, that Retrax looks better yet IMO - I probably would have gotten that one but I didn't know about it at the time.

Edited by NoProblem

Thanks for the reassurances that the edges will lay flat eventually. It is nice and sunny today, and it is already much better than right after I installed it. I also washed my truck today, and only a little bit of water got in the bed around the tail gate, and most of that is probably from the tailgate vertical gaps.

Thanks for the reassurances that the edges will lay flat eventually. It is nice and sunny today, and it is already much better than right after I installed it. I also washed my truck today, and only a little bit of water got in the bed around the tail gate, and most of that is probably from the tailgate vertical gaps.

Had the same with my BakFlip VP. Edges now lay flat. For the water leaks, they make tailgate sealer moulding kits that help with that

Edited by chuckl1218

I have been looking at folding covers and have narrowed it down to the Fold-a-Cover G4 Elite. I am a bit concerned that any online retailers (other then the factory store) that I've found that carry the G4, are showing it as "out of stock/no longer available for ordering". Is this a supply/demand issue or is FAC in "trouble"?

A "local" FAC dealer said the stopped carrying the product due to the number of problems they had. Anyone have any insight?

Edited by jsrx05

I have been looking at folding covers and have narrowed it down to the Fold-a-Cover G4 Elite. I am a bit concerned that any online retailers (other then the factory store) that I've found that carry the G4, are showing it as "out of stock/no longer available for ordering". Is this a supply/demand issue or is FAC in "trouble"?

A "local" FAC dealer said the stopped carrying the product due to the number of problems they had. Anyone have any insight?

No problems here or that I've heard. The GM installed folding cover from factory is also the Fold-a-Cover model. Could likely be a supply issue at this time.

Well, the problem is that many online suppliers don't really keep an inventory, some do though, buy many don't. In addition, the wholesale suppliers no longer stock Fold-A-Covers, that's another story. So, I would recommend you get on the phone and call your local accessory shops and ask if they can order a Fold-A-Cover. If the shop has an account with Steffens Enterprises (who owns FoldACover), then they can order a cover for you direct from Steffens.

You might also consider an Extang Encore.