2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

Pic of access Lorado installed

that's what ive used on my last 3 pkups with excellent results

I also see you put your borla sticker on the back window

mines on my toolbox

thanks for all the photos i have no idea which one to get,. I need one that doesnt allow rain to get to the bed, folds up so I cna throw my surf boards and paddle boards in the back, but can close up to keep my golf clubs free fromn the elements. i miss my "trunk" in my honda for this as I never removed my clubs lol

ok Pro's go !

Yes, I've had a hard cover on my last two trucks, a SnugLid SL and a Gaylords X-2000. I liked them becuase they are perfectly flat and smooth, no raised sections in the top, no weird lines or big handle, etc. like the Leers and ARE ones. They were super secure, but whenever you need to haul something taller or longer than the bed, then it's either drive with it up which even then doesn't always work depending on the length of the item, or totally remove them, which was a 2 person job with the Sunglid and a 3 person job with the Gaylords. But now with the rear tailgate design with the integrated spoiler, I'm not a fan of the way they over hang. I want something low profile that doesn't hang over the tailgate or bed sides.

I'm looking at the Bakflip Roll-X now as a more secure, roll-able, hard, but with the low profile look of a soft cover.

I've got the rollx....love it

I'm looking for a LOCKING retractable (manual) tonneau cover for my 2014 6.5' bed crew-cab Sierra, specifically the aluminum kind that roll up into a canister. I'm not looking neccessarily looking for the best of the best of the best with honors, but I do want something that slides smoothly, keeps my cargo dry, and generally isn't a piece of garbage. What are the brands I should be looking for, and am I crazy to think I can find what I'm looking for for under $1k? Thanks guys

Here are your choices:

RetraxPro, RetraxOne, Pace Edwards Jack Rabbit, Pace Edwards Full Metal Jack Rabbit, Pace Edwards Switchblade, Truck Covers USA, Truck Gear by LINE-X cover (same as Truck Covers USA but with a lifetime warranty), RollNLock, Bak Rollbak.

Best for security is RollNLock.

Worst cover is Bak Rollbak.

Easiest to operate are RetraxPro and RetraxOne.

Best waterproof - they all are pretty good except for perhaps the Rollbak.

The Pace Edwards Switchblade is a new cover, so it's an unknown as far as security and how waterproof it is.

Edited by TruckDaddy
  • Like 1