2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

I installed a Leer 700 Series Tonneau cover on my 2014 Sierra. I had this same model cover on my 2005 Silverado. It was a great cover, and was always dry inside. The 700 Series is molded to match the shape of the hood on the vehicle. If you look at the rear photo, you can see the 2 raised areas that match the hoods shape. I'm super happy with the paint match. It was perfect on the previous cover too.

3_zps9157c2ef.jpg1_zps2c410fad.jpg

• Like 1

I just installed an undercover flex, got it from Autocustoms.com for $725.00. I have to say I am not at all impressed with the fit and finish of the cover.

After slicing myself several times during the install, I finally stopped and removed all the aluminum burrs from every place where sheetmetal screws were used. There is also a lot of black sealant coming out from where the fiberglass panels meet the aluminum frame on the top side of the cover. The red handled locking mechanism on the third panel is very flimsy and held in place by 2 "U" shaped plastic pieces on the driver and passenger side. After opening and closing the cover twice, the plastic u shaped piece pulled through the screw leaving the screw still inside the cover. I was able to fix it but come on... The seal that runs along the top bed rail on the passenger side separated from the seal that runs across the top of the front bed bulkhead, so that will need to be re-glued. The plastic drain tube piece that slides into the front of the aluminum side rail came out on the driver side and will not stay in place. The foam protectors on the bottom of the cover that protect the cover from itself when folded both ripped in half and fell off. I guess I will be re-gluing those as well. And to top it off, after the install was complete, the cover leaks very badly, especially along the front bulkhead. I will be contacting both Undercover and Autocustoms.com in the morning.

For what its worth I am putting this on with an under the rail plastic bedliner that goes over the front of the bed. Im not sure if there is supposed to be another seal that I did not get in the kit to seal up where the cover meets the front bulkhead. If anyone has installed this cover with a plastic bedliner let me know how you sealed up the front bulkhead.

My Flex has been a POS, I've had to re-glue lots of seals with gorilla glue.

I just installed an undercover flex, got it from Autocustoms.com for $725.00. I have to say I am not at all impressed with the fit and finish of the cover.

After slicing myself several times during the install, I finally stopped and removed all the aluminum burrs from every place where sheetmetal screws were used. There is also a lot of black sealant coming out from where the fiberglass panels meet the aluminum frame on the top side of the cover. The red handled locking mechanism on the third panel is very flimsy and held in place by 2 "U" shaped plastic pieces on the driver and passenger side. After opening and closing the cover twice, the plastic u shaped piece pulled through the screw leaving the screw still inside the cover. I was able to fix it but come on... The seal that runs along the top bed rail on the passenger side separated from the seal that runs across the top of the front bed bulkhead, so that will need to be re-glued. The plastic drain tube piece that slides into the front of the aluminum side rail came out on the driver side and will not stay in place. The foam protectors on the bottom of the cover that protect the cover from itself when folded both ripped in half and fell off. I guess I will be re-gluing those as well. And to top it off, after the install was complete, the cover leaks very badly, especially along the front bulkhead. I will be contacting both Undercover and Autocustoms.com in the morning.

For what its worth I am putting this on with an under the rail plastic bedliner that goes over the front of the bed. Im not sure if there is supposed to be another seal that I did not get in the kit to seal up where the cover meets the front bulkhead. If anyone has installed this cover with a plastic bedliner let me know how you sealed up the front bulkhead.

My Flex has been a POS, I've had to re-glue lots of seals with gorilla glue.

I installed a Leer 700 Series Tonneau cover on my 2014 Sierra. I had this same model cover on my 2005 Silverado. It was a great cover, and was always dry inside. The 700 Series is molded to match the shape of the hood on the vehicle. If you look at the rear photo, you can see the 2 raised areas that match the hoods shape. I'm super happy with the paint match. It was perfect on the previous cover too.

3_zps9157c2ef.jpg1_zps2c410fad.jpg

Looks good nice choice. I had the 700 on my F150 with power lock it was great. It was between that and the undercover se lux, and I ended up ordering the lux last week. Its easy to remove and cheaper, hope I like it as much as the 700 though

Looks good nice choice. I had the 700 on my F150 with power lock it was great. It was between that and the undercover se lux, and I ended up ordering the lux last week. Its easy to remove and cheaper, hope I like it as much as the 700 though

I've never seen the Undercover SE Lux. Is that a paint to match one also?

Well i finally get to post in this topic! (No pictures yet lol). I just bought a Roll n Lock from a friend of a friend for $750 :)

He had it on his truck for 2 months and traded his truck in a few weeks ago. Ill be picking it up from him on the 18th, so ill have pictures then (Currently offshore working). I'm pretty pumped to finally get one installed though and thought id share.