2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

You know that there are gaps on either side of the tailgate, right?

Yes, that part I have solved with this kit sold by the tonneau manufactures. Still facing problem on the front of the bed (corners)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes, that part I have solved with this kit sold by the tonneau manufactures. Still facing problem on the front of the bed (corners)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey BR-Texas. I have the Undercover as well and have the same issue with water coming in from the front. Somebody posted on the forum (don't remember where) that they used a bid of silicone to fill the gaps. I don't really like the idea but need to do something. Also I bought the Extang tail gate liner, but I've been so busy lately I haven't even opened the package so not sure how well it works yet. What did you use? Does Undercover have a product as well?

Hey BR-Texas. I have the Undercover as well and have the same issue with water coming in from the front. Somebody posted on the forum (don't remember where) that they used a bid of silicone to fill the gaps. I don't really like the idea but need to do something. Also I bought the Extang tail gate liner, but I've been so busy lately I haven't even opened the package so not sure how well it works yet. What did you use? Does Undercover have a product as well?

I have a bakflip VP. I bought the tailgate seal from fold-a-cover, but I believe they are all the same. Just installed on the sides (first installed also on the bottom but them the tailgate will be harder to close, so I didn't want to mess with the adjustment).

I also was thinking in silicon for the gaps in the bed (summit white here, so I can use a white silicon) but the top corners still a problem.

My BakFlip VP kit came with a gasket type molding that was used to fill the cab end rail gap (difference between the rail caps on the side and no rail cap on the cab end). Along with the Access bed sealing kit moldings that help seal the tailgate, I have no leaks.

Edited by chuckl1218
  • Like 1

My BakFlip VP kit came with a gasket type molding that was used to fill the cab end rail gap (difference between the rail caps on the side and no rail cap on the cab end). Along with the Extang bed sealing kit moldings that help seal the tailgate, I have no leaks.

I'm buying a (used) VP from a guy locally tomorrow. I don't believe it comes with that gasket molding you're speaking of. Also, what's the Extang bed sealing kit? Any photos possibly?

I'm buying a (used) VP from a guy locally tomorrow. I don't believe it comes with that gasket molding you're speaking of. Also, what's the Extang bed sealing kit? Any photos possibly?

Actually, the Access TrailSeal Total Bed Seal kit is what I used. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001B6IF6S/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Extang also has just the Tailgate Seal here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CN5QG8/ref=oh_details_o04_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The molding is like a topper gasket that you can get at home depot.

Edited by chuckl1218
  • Like 1

post-130948-140339569318_thumb.jpgpost-130948-140339570903_thumb.jpg

Bought this used from a guy locally. This is the Bakflip VP. Mixed emotions about it. I'll give a review after having it a while.

post-130948-140339569318_thumb.jpg

post-130948-140339570903_thumb.jpg

Edited by CL8N

Having read through this full thread, and never having owned a tonneau cover before, I have to conclude that this whole tonneau business is run like a cottage industry - products of questionable quality, resellers who are mostly mom and pop shops. Lucky to get something that does not leak etc. Quite disappointing really.

I just ordered the TonnoPro Hard cover and the Bedrug... keeping my fingers crossed I get my order and its not defective.

• Like 1

Hey I think you are looking for the bulk head seal. I got mine at advance auto parts it's about 3/4" wide and maybe 3/8" thick. Your bed rails are higher than your bulk head, the seal makes up the difference.

• Like 2

Hey I think you are looking for the bulk head seal. I got mine at advance auto parts it's about 3/4" wide and maybe 3/8" thick. Your bed rails are higher than your bulk head, the seal makes up the difference.

This is what I was trying to describe. I've also seen this type of seal or molding at Home Depot used for pickup truck topper seal.

• Like 1