2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

for those that bought the G4 Elite Fold a Cover would you mind telling us were you bought it from and what you paid? im trying to shop it around. fathers day gift to myself =]

Thanks fellas. if it makes you feel better go ahead and PM

have a great weekend.

I got mine at the Fold-a-Cover Factory store.http://www.foldacoverfactorystore.com/ They are currently running a special right now - $140 off MSRP. You can get it for $820 sale price and free shipping. I think I paid just under that because they were running a xmas special. with a $25 coupon.

Try GMFS14FAC at checkout to receive $25.00 off the order of a brand new tonneau cover or Cover/Caddy bundle

Edited by pjb0422
  • Like 1

I have the Undercover Flex.

Not impressed with the finish/attention to detail. There are beads of sealant showing on the exterior of some of the rubber seals, the rod & lever lock on the third panel is very flimsy, if the long rod (passenger side) is not perfectly aligned with the rails the whole rod bows out and it doesn't lock under the rail. Lots of sharp edges on the sheetmetal brackets and the rail caps aren't sealed into the rails. All these things would be easy to overlook in a lower priced product, but for $700+ I would at least expect them to have someone wiping the excess sealant off the exterior seals.

As for functionality, its easy to open/close, and only took about 20mins to install. I did have to get softer tubing for the drains. Seems to be pretty watertight, a decent day of rain and a pretty thorough washing and there was only a bit of water at the front of the bed where it leaked between the rail and the end cap with the drain fitting (a bit of silicone should solve that). It did take about 2 days of 40°-50° weather before the bedside seals relaxed and laid completely flat against the rail caps.

Do you have a photo of it. Because I'm buying that one today for my double cab 6.5 ft bed

2014 Silverado 1500 LT V8 4x4 All-Star Edition

Do you have a photo of it. Because I'm buying that one today for my double cab 6.5 ft bed

Here are a couple. Sorry its been pouring all day, can't really get out to get inside pictures

post-128274-0-55749400-1402670603_thumb.jpg

post-128274-0-33454400-1402670613_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

for those that bought the G4 Elite Fold a Cover would you mind telling us were you bought it from and what you paid? im trying to shop it around. fathers day gift to myself =]

have a great weekend.

Like pjb0422 I ordered mine direct from the factory and they shipped it to Canada no problem. Price was $820 plus shipping which put it right in the middle of 2 price quotes I got locally. But both local dealers tried to talk me out of it because they didn't want the hassle of placing an order when they had another brand that would fit my CC in stock. The excuses they gave were lame too! One said it was too heavy for one person to fold open without getting into the truck, the other said it was too light for our winter climate!!!

I much prefer to support local businesses but not when they try to screw me over!

The cover works great. You'll enjoy it!

Bert

Edited by bert wise
  • Like 1

Here are a couple. Sorry its been pouring all day, can't really get out to get inside pictures

amazing I'm ordering mine today. about how much did you get it cause they are having a sale on auto accessories garage and spoke with a guy to get it for 780$

have a great weekend.

I got mine from their website. They were running a special with free shipping and a 20% discount I believe. I think I paid $820 delivered.

I cleaned my truck today and the SnugTop really looks great.

The cloud reflection is awesome. The paint job on this tonneau cover is first rate.

Randall

Looks good. Are those lids insolated or just a liner? I went with the undercover unpainted so not to worry about more paint to care for. But it is not insulated and the sun down here really heats it up in the trk bed.

Looks good. Are those lids insolated or just a liner? I went with the undercover unpainted so not to worry about more paint to care for. But it is not insulated and the sun down here really heats it up in the trk bed.

The tonneau cover is pretty thick but I don't think it is insulated.

The carpet I have on the underside is just that, carpet glued to the underside

Thanks

Randall

Hi there guys! Well i traded in 2014 Silverado a few days ago and I'm selling my Bakflip VP bed cover for a short bed (68") Silverado. Bed cover was only on my truck for a little over 2 months. If anyone is interested please inbox me. I'm in Houston. Thanks.

Edited by WhiteLTZ14
  • Like 1

Hi there guys! Well i traded in 2014 Silverado a few days ago and I'm selling my Bakflip VP bed cover for a short bed (68") Silverado. Bed cover was only on my truck for a little over 2 months. If anyone is interested please inbox me. I'm in Houston. Thanks.

Sent a message