2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

Just strapped on an Extang Solid Fold today. I'll let you guys how I like after ome use.

So far, I'm impressed. (the shop I bought it from said that it was from a 2013----but seems to fit the 2014 fine). Any one know the difference?

Edited by 14'SilveradoLT

Got a 2014 Sierra crew short box 2 weeks ago or so. Haven't gotten around to trying it and I highly doubt it but gonna ask just to make sure.

Does any one know if the Truxedo Lo Pro off my 2011 fit the 2014?

Thanks

If you have the same size bed (Ie 5'6" or 6'6") then yes it will fit. The difference is less than 1/2" on the length and width. I took my Extang cover from my 2010 and put it on my 2014.

If you have the same size bed (Ie 5'6" or 6'6") then yes it will fit. The difference is less than 1/2" on the length and width. I took my Extang cover from my 2010 and put it on my 2014.

Thanks, I'll try putting it on this weekend.

Question, I like the concept, but I have the backflip I haul dirtbikes in my bed most of the time and I like a cover that allows access to the far front of the bed, because I need every inch of it in order to fit 2 dirtbikes and still fold the tailgate up.

my only complaint with the backflip is

its heavy to fold up

it blocks the entire rear window,

and although it gives me 98% of my bed space I still have to loosen the bolts under it and slide it forward a little to gain another inch because the front tire of the bikes usually lands about 3-4 inches from the bed wall at the top of the bed.

my question is, will this cover roll forward any more than what is shown in your picture?

could it be rolled farther so it sits on the front head rail of the bed?

If you read through this whole thread you'll see that some like it, some have had problems, and others have sworn off the due to bad customer service / experience with prior products.

For the same price, I picked up a Fold-a-Cover G4 elite and am happy with it.

I need:

a hard folding tonneau 3 or 4 section

that is secure as can reasonably be for locking stuff when parked on a city street

waterproof

doesn't cover my stake bed holes

is easy/quick to remove and replace when need be

allows the tailgate to open and shut without screwing with it.

The G4 Elite looks like that may be my best/only answer, but even it looks like I would have to unbolt it up front and it looks heavy. I have the optional Chevy semi hard tonneau but the darn thing covers the bed stake holes! Stupid! And I have to crawl up in there to unscrew the knobs from the front attachments. And the rear attachments are a bit difficult to operate compared to a regular latch, plus I lock them to feel safer. PIA

Edited by Mad Max

I need:

that is secure as can reasonably be for locking stuff when parked on a city street

waterproof

The G4 Elite looks like that may be my best/only answer, but even it looks like I would have to unbolt it up front and it looks heavy. I have the optional Chevy semi hard tonneau but the darn thing covers the bed stake holes! Stupid! And I have to crawl up in there to unscrew the knobs from the front attachments. And the rear attachments are a bit difficult to operate compared to a regular latch, plus I lock them to feel safer. PIA

Yes, the G4 requires the removal of (4) bolts to pull the cover off completely, weight is around 50 lbs give or take for the panels when removing them and they strap together nice and easy so for me it's not a problem to pull them off but someone else may have different feelings. I haven't had to remove them yet, but I installed them by myself so shouldn't be an issue. As a side note, I would add that when I open/close the tailgate, I normally do quickly open/close the back panel because otherwise when you shut the tailgate the back leaf weatherstrip will fold under the panel, popping up the back panel then shutting again puts the weatherstrip where it should be.

I need:

waterproof

Unfortunately the G4 Elite DOES cover the stake holes. Covers the fronts fully and the backs partially. This actually caused me headache during install as I thought I'd done something wrong alignment wise. The cover is just wider at front than at the rear. I wish they would have mentioned it in the instructions as it add probably 30% to my install time, taking it off, making sure I hadn't made a mistake, etc.

I found there was no perfect tonneau choice if you wanted water tight and a reputable company. It's a series of compromises, you just have to find what works best for you. For me it was the G4 and I do not regret it.

Do you think it could be modified/cut so it doesn't cover any of the stake holes? I want to mount some ham and cb antennas there. Also would work better for the occasional ladder rack usage. Nuts! Especially surprising considering the new built in bumper step you are supposed to use in conjunction wit the rear stake pocket as a handle - now covered by a stock Chevy tonneau cover. Go figure - GM geniuses. Leave it up to us to figure out how to make them work together....

Edited by Mad Max

Installed my Extang Revolution cover over the weekend. Install was super easy and seems to seal up really well. I didn't even install the included weather stripping and it seems to be pretty water tight.

It is a roll up cover with no velcro and no snaps. Very easy on the wallet for a middle of the road cover and looks really good with the low profile style.

20140517_100736_zps5ivclnld.jpg

after doing a ton of comparing I went ahead and ordered the BakFlip VP Tonneau Cover

http://autocustoms.com/p-1018-bakflip-vp-tonneau-cover.aspx?submodel=&submodel2=6.5 ft Bed&submodel3=

it is the best bang for your buck with great water protection and easy fast functional design.

Here is a promo code: FRIENDS it gets you 10% off for anyone interested

• Like 1

Had an Extang Trifecta no problems with it, but it bugged me rippling in the wind. Just upgraded to the Extang Solid Fold. I had one on my 2008 Dakota and never had a leak of any kind. I'm sure it will be great on my 2014 Silverado.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk