2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

Got my Line X and Roll X along with the Access seals on here couple weeks ago went through some decent rain and I had zero moisture in the bed . So far I am really liking the Roll X .

• Like 1

I was looking into painted hard covers but will have to remove every time we go camping. So now thinking about a hard retractable cover (not soft roll up). Any suggestions? Are all of them black? Thanks.

Edited by EXSlider400

I ordered yesterday a Bakflip VP on Autoanything for $598. They are like $748 everywhere else.

Do you have a coupon code or something? I just checked Autoanything and they are listing the VP at $749. Thanks.

Hi there

Looking at the G4 Elite from Fold A Cover for my 14 Silverado CC short bed. I've been to one dealer in town and they tried talking me out of it because they said the panels were heavy and that I'd have to get into the bed to fold up the 2nd and 3rd panels. They are too heavy to fold up when standing beside the truck.

Can anyone here confirm if the panels really are too heavy to fold up from beside the truck?

Thanks

I have the G4 elite and I can fold up the panels on mine easily.

I found a technique of flipping the first panel onto the second and then lift those two panels up which lifts the third panel up at an angle. When the third panel is at about a 30 to 45 degree angle, I move the 1st and 2nd panels parallel to the ground while moving towards the cab. The whole stack pivots around the 3rd panel and then set down on the 4th panel.

I have a tri-fold from ebay. It's a no name, got it for $200. Fits great, and keeps the water out. Really easy to remove; held on by two screw/latches at the front of the bed, and two hooks at the back. I can put it on and take it off without any help.

Do you have a coupon code or something? I just checked Autoanything and they are listing the VP at $749. Thanks.

Just checked my order. the promo SAVE20 (20% off $199) was applied on Monday. Maybe if you call you can still get it.

Got my Line X and Roll X along with the Access seals on here couple weeks ago went through some decent rain and I had zero moisture in the bed . So far I am really liking the Roll X .

There was a blog entry or something on BAK's website in March (and i've seen something on AutoAnything too) where they were announcing the Roll-X XT... I was hoping to see some spec's on this new version so i could choose between the original Roll-X and this new one. Unfortunately this info is slow coming, so I'll probably be joining you with the original Roll-X as soon as my truck comes in.

Hi there

Looking at the G4 Elite from Fold A Cover for my 14 Silverado CC short bed. I've been to one dealer in town and they tried talking me out of it because they said the panels were heavy and that I'd have to get into the bed to fold up the 2nd and 3rd panels. They are too heavy to fold up when standing beside the truck.

Can anyone here confirm if the panels really are too heavy to fold up from beside the truck?

Thanks

That's crazy. Absolutely not. They're easy to open/fold from outside the truck.

Of course I'm assuming that you're of average height and strength. If you're under 4'6" or have trouble lifting ~20lbs then it could be an issue. But for the average person - no problem. Check out the videos online and you'll see how easy they are to open/fold.