2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

Undercoverinfo.com has a system on their website to choose the silverado or sierra, color of truck, and see their different covers on Your truck. I had the undercover flex on my 2012 silverado and had no problems with it and will probably get one for My 2014 sierra. It is $800.00 from local truck accessories store installed with great service after the sale.

I have the Retrax pro... I would advise you to take a look at this cover as apposed to the roll n lock...the Retrax pro can be locked an any position allowing you to put something in the bed and then closing the top right up next to it and then locking it in...the roll n lock I believe only has 3 stops...plus the Retrax pro will hold up to 500lbs. on the top of it, not that I would do that but it shows you how strongly it is made the roll n lock is I believe rated for 200lbs??

Ive had both the problem I had with roll lock, when its hot sometimes you have to pull back on it to get it to unlock and you burn the hell out of you fingers. The flip one you open the tailgate to unlock no burnt fingers.

I've been looking at the jackrabbit from pace edwards. Probably gunnna have it installed withing two weeks. However, I wonder if the rails are thin enough, if there's a way I could install it under the bed caps?

I snagged the roll n lock on Amazon for $1048, which seems significantly cheaper than everywhere else. Honestly that's the main reason I went with it. I was torn between it and the retrax one, but at that price I figured the roll n lock would be worth it.

The install went fairly smoothly. Getting the threaded bars which hold the 4 main brackets to the stake pockets in the corners was kind of pain, and honestly they seem like a subpar solution. Also it seems like the clamps holding the middle brackets are too long, maybe they are for the previous model. I ended up having to use washers to space them out. I can post pics of this sometime this week as I plan to take some to send to Roll N Lock to show them the problem.

Other than that I think it looks pretty good:

485541_10102002910702987_490482823_n.jpg

10177973_10102002910967457_1790009082_n.

Hey that turned out looking real sweet! Thanks for the pics and for the heads up on the length of the brackets. Hopefully they will have that issue sorted out for when I order mine. I like how low profile it is and that the stake pockets are still accessible. When I install mine I will weight in on the process as well. Thanks again!

Company bought me the truck and gave me the option of a tonneau cover. I'm not a fan of the 3-way flip style or the rollback style. Personally I prefer a one piece solid cover. While I was hoping for something that similar to what I had on my '98 GMC Sierra (Snugtop) I ended up with the A.R.E. LSII cover http://www.4are.com/product/lsii/

The quality and the construction of this cover blows the SnugTop out of the water. The only thing I'm still adjusting to is the raised points on the top. Technically they match the hood lines, but I'm just more used to a lower profile flat cover. I am not sure around the country, but here in Texas for every 10 tonneaus I see easily 7 are A.R.E.

Here are some pics (Crewcab Standard Box)

(FWIW, Yes, I took off those bars/steps! haven't updated photo. God they were ugly. Company requires vehicle to come with them from our Upfitter, if we keep them on is up to us):

967e606f-54eb-4917-b81e-4d5a76cc1f94_zps

20140327_125327_zpsj7n4mjmn.jpg

20140327_125545_zpsohwu3rou.jpg

20140327_125522_zpsvo0vs0vb.jpg

Edited by jvcjbl

Company bought me the truck and gave me the option of a tonneau cover. I'm not a fan of the 3-way flip style or the rollback style. Personally I prefer a one piece solid cover. While I was hoping for something that similar to what I had on my '98 GMC Sierra (Snugtop) I ended up with the A.R.E. LSII cover http://www.4are.com/product/lsii/

The quality and the construction of this cover blows the SnugTop out of the water. The only thing I'm still adjusting to is the raised points on the top. Technically they match the hood lines, but I'm just more used to a lower profile flat cover. I am not sure around the country, but here in Texas for every 10 tonneaus I see easily 7 are A.R.E.

Here are some pics (Crewcab Standard Box)

(FWIW, Yes, I took off those bars/steps! haven't updated photo. God they were ugly. Company requires vehicle to come with them from our Upfitter, if we keep them on is up to us):

That's a great looking truck. What did you not like about the black nerf bars? It's hard to tell from your picture but I like them much better than the chrome ones that came on my truck.

Edited by Stars_Fan

That's a great looking truck. What did you not like about the black nerf bars? It's hard to tell from your picture but I like them much better than the chrome ones that came on my truck.

Thanks for the compliment on the truck. I think they are very cheap looking and take away from the beauty of the truck. I begged and pleaded for the factory steps but they wouldn't do it. Instead the company spent more money buying aftermarket ones that I will let rot in my garage.

Edited by jvcjbl

Any one know if a truxedo low pro qt is interchanable between a 13 sierra and a 14 sierra?

Any one? or a 07 sierra standard box

Edited by Jay700

Have you considered Retrax? I can't tell the pros and cons as I don't have one yet (still in the search for a tonneau). I just came across it here in the forum and it got me very interested. it looks to me like a secure cover, very easy to operate, leaks? Only Retrax owners can tell us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the Retrax pro...no complaints...its the only roll and stow cover that I could find that will locking in any position along the truck bed rails...no leaks we've had a lot of rain lately and I have checked just to make sure...also this cover doesn't require any strap that you must pull to close the lid itself ...all you do is pull on the handle from the drivers side very easy and smooth...also the Retrax pro which I have an hold up to 500lbs on top of it if you so wish too of course I wont but those of you up north with snow may find this appealing? you can open and close the tailgate with this closed in case any are wondering ...mines not the electric version but if you got that it will lock with a fob and will still lock in any position that you stop it in there is also a light kit available but since we all have those fancy under rail lights its not needed...one last thing I ordered mine with the wide rails that sit on top of the bed rails they look better because they cover all the way to the outside of the bed...hope this help someone :)

• Like 1

Had my Retraxpro a couple of weeks and all is great. Car wash twice no leaks and smooth going back and forth.

Vern

image.jpg

just notice on your picture you have the two long clamps on one side and the two short clamps on the other...I believe the short ones are for the rear of the bed and the long one's go up towards the cab...probably won't matter but check it out anyway :)

Installed a Diamondback SE with the Line-X. Very happy with it so far. Only issue is the keys did not come with it. A quick call to Diamondback straightened that out though. Install was pretty easy but would be better suited for 2 people.

post-127628-0-71614000-1397916915_thumb.jpg

post-127628-0-86593900-1397916941_thumb.jpg

How do you like it? I am thinking of doing the same thing and going with the SE. I like the security of this cover my only concern is that if it will it keep water from entering the box. I have a new Sierra SLT on order so I have some time to make my decision. Please provide some feedback on your experiences of the diamondback.

How do you like it? I am thinking of doing the same thing and going with the SE. I like the security of this cover my only concern is that if it will it keep water from entering the box. I have a new Sierra SLT on order so I have some time to make my decision. Please provide some feedback on your experiences of the diamondback.

Well I really have only had the cover on since Weds and we have not had much rain to speak of. I really don't have that much experience with it at this time. There are some guys on here that have had them installed for a while now so maybe they will chime in.