2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

I have the G4 Elite, no drainage tubes and doesn't leak.

I couldn't decide between the Steffen's G4 Elite Fold A Cover and the Extang Encore, until I saw those ridiculous drain tubes on the Extang. We've had a couple days with steady rain here,and all is well with the Fold A Cover. There were quite a few other comparisons that had the Steffen's as a better design.

FYI,if you get a hard folding cover through your dealer, it will be the Steffen's Fold A Cover.

Edited by glc

I have the G4 Elite, no drainage tubes and doesn't leak.

I couldn't decide between the Steffen's G4 Elite Fold A Cover and the Extang Encore, until I saw those ridiculous drain tubes on the Extang. We've had a couple days with steady rain here,and all is well with the Fold A Cover. There were quite a few other comparisons that had the Steffen's as a better design.

FYI,if you get a hard folding cover through your dealer, it will be the Steffen's Fold A Cover.

Dont remind me .... extang are as they put it designed to channel the nile river. If it wasn't for the ability to open both sides Id drop it

Dont remind me .... extang are as they put it designed to channel the nile river. If it wasn't for the ability to open both sides Id drop it

The G4 Elite can be opened/locked both sides, I also have the personal caddy and I like it so far.

The G4 Elite can be opened/locked both sides, I also have the personal caddy and I like it so far.

And how does it handle with rain? Do you get alot of water in the channels???

And how does it handle with rain? Do you get alot of water in the channels???

We had some pretty bad thunderstorms lately, the cover did great and didn't find any water except a few drops by the rear tailgate corners, I need to seal the tailgate pretty good, my tailgate seal needs some work.

Just got the Extang Solid Fold Trifold installed on the new Denali CC 6.2edu8uge5.jpgda5y8e5a.jpgububejy4.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks great! Good looks, simple design, and ease of removal and installation. I loved everything about mine except for the leaking at the panel seams. Test it before too much time passes, hopefully you have one with good seals.

My Roll N Lock arrived from Amazon today. Looks great sitting in the box so far, lol! This definitely going to be a 2 person job. BTW, the part number is not yet listed on Roll-n-lock's website for the '14s. It's LG221M for the standard bed if anyone is curious.

edit: Looks like they found their mistake, glad I got mine. Price is back up to normal.

Get back to me re how installation went? It be great also to get your first impressions on it and even some pictures. I've had a Roll N Lock for 8 years on my Silverado and have been real happy with it, and so plan on ordering one for the new truck as well. Have been looking around at a LOT of other products out there, but always come back to preferring the Roll N Lock set up. It works for me and has for many years, so why mess with that! I guess it all boils down to your priorities and the trade offs.

Get back to me re how installation went? It be great also to get your first impressions on it and even some pictures. I've had a Roll N Lock for 8 years on my Silverado and have been real happy with it, and so plan on ordering one for the new truck as well. Have been looking around at a LOT of other products out there, but always come back to preferring the Roll N Lock set up. It works for me and has for many years, so why mess with that! I guess it all boils down to your priorities and the trade offs.

I snagged the roll n lock on Amazon for $1048, which seems significantly cheaper than everywhere else. Honestly that's the main reason I went with it. I was torn between it and the retrax one, but at that price I figured the roll n lock would be worth it.

The install went fairly smoothly. Getting the threaded bars which hold the 4 main brackets to the stake pockets in the corners was kind of pain, and honestly they seem like a subpar solution. Also it seems like the clamps holding the middle brackets are too long, maybe they are for the previous model. I ended up having to use washers to space them out. I can post pics of this sometime this week as I plan to take some to send to Roll N Lock to show them the problem.

Other than that I think it looks pretty good:

485541_10102002910702987_490482823_n.jpg

10177973_10102002910967457_1790009082_n.

• Like 1

Just got the Extang Solid Fold Trifold installed on the new Denali CC 6.2 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks great! Good looks, simple design, and ease of removal and installation. I loved everything about mine except for the leaking at the panel seams. Test it before too much time passes, hopefully you have one with good seals.

How much water do you get through yours when it rains? I know I have no choice but tap the plugs and run the drainage down.

How much water do you get through yours when it rains? I know I have no choice but tap the plugs and run the drainage down.

There is no fixing or draining mod to the solid fold cover in my case. Water was coming in across the width of the bed from both folds. The aluminum hinge that caps the foam core panel was leaking from where it overlaps the panel.

Simple test is to put some standing water on top and look in to see if it pour through

There is no fixing or draining mod to the solid fold cover in my case. Water was coming in across the width of the bed from both folds. The aluminum hinge that caps the foam core panel was leaking from where it overlaps the panel.

Simple test is to put some standing water on top and look in to see if it pour through

Oh thats bad if it is coming in via the width of the cover and they havent helped you in anyway to fix this? Maybe putting a new seal possibly?