2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

I just installed my G4 Elite Fold a Cover yesterday and I really like it.. It's very nice quality and easy to install. I bought the Personal caddy too, but haven't put anything in it yet..

So I bought the extang encore tonno cover because the ability of opening both sides appeals to me greatly. I am wondering if anyone else bought it recently? I love the ability to open both sides of the tonno cover but today it rained in ct and so I decided to test it. It rained and it went through the cover. I had never thought that much water would poor into the side channels and collect.

It really sucks and I am thinking ill never put anything in there with fear of it getting wet ( clubs and clothing).

So I bought the extang encore tonno and the amount of water passing through the drainage tubes amazes me and shocks me. So I am curious about everyone else. How much water do you get in your bed and how much goes through the drainage tubes? Also what brand do you have? I am arguing with them that this is jot normal and they are telling me all tonno covers leak to a degree. I am so far disappointed with them.

Any idea who makes the current GM dealer hard tonneau cover? The one I saw on a lot looks a bit like the fold-a-cover, but the sales guy didn't know who the manufacturer was. It was a hard tri-fold with a black vinyl cover...I imagine GM likely changes the supplier from time to time depending on what's available for the best price for them. Thoughts?

My Roll N Lock arrived from Amazon today. Looks great sitting in the box so far, lol! This definitely going to be a 2 person job. BTW, the part number is not yet listed on Roll-n-lock's website for the '14s. It's LG221M for the standard bed if anyone is curious.

edit: Looks like they found their mistake, glad I got mine. Price is back up to normal.

Edited by LS 1st Gen

Update on my Extang Solid Folid........Great looking cover that leaks a lot. Extang sent me replacement hinge seals that made no difference because the water is leaking from the panel edges. Asked for an RMA and they just asked more questions. Sent them photos of the leaking and haven't heard a response. Tried contacting by phone and only got through once and they claimed I was breaking up after I told the rep I had been dealing with my name (I was on a land line). Tried to call back and cant get through. The vendor is trying to get RMA so I can send back. If that doesn't work, I'll let Visa handle it.

In the market for another!

Update on my Extang Solid Folid........Great looking cover that leaks a lot. Extang sent me replacement hinge seals that made no difference because the water is leaking from the panel edges. Asked for an RMA and they just asked more questions. Sent them photos of the leaking and haven't heard a response. Tried contacting by phone and only got through once and they claimed I was breaking up after I told the rep I had been dealing with my name (I was on a land line). Tried to call back and cant get through. The vendor is trying to get RMA so I can send back. If that doesn't work, I'll let Visa handle it.

In the market for another!

Wow thats some service. I have the extang encore and the rails collect water like the Nile river. I am waiting for the next storm to confirm the panels leak at the center of the bed or not. If so I will contact them back. I was sending a bunch of emails to

Just dying for the rain so I can see what happens.

I might be joining you in returning it soon... encore is a product to avoid.

The g4 elite seem to be awesome. I just really wanted a duel opening cover.

Question for Truxedo Deuce (2) owners regarding the rear seal: I 'THINK' Truxedo recommends simply closing the tailgate on the rubber seal strip and therefore rolling it inside the bed. This looks rather odd to me. It LOOKS more "correct" if you pop the rear, close the gate, and then snap it back down keeping the lip on top of the tailgate. But I can't see Truxedo designing it in such a way that this is necessary.

Thoughts???

Edited by MotoMedic