2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

Not sure how often they offer this deal but Fold A Cover is offering 20% off on their Elite G4 w/Personal Caddy.. Was a $220 discount plus I found another $25 coupon on some Ford Raptor site.. Anyone interested may want to check it out as it said the sale was ending on the 19th of this month yet it was still up tonight (20th) and I was able to order/pay for it. I also got a free 2 year warranty extension and a weatherstrip kit included in the special..

I can't wait to install it, I had my truck Line-Xed a month or so ago and I don't want it to fade.. plus I like the idea of finally being able to use my bed and not have to worry about stuff getting stolen.

I really like the Fold A Cover. What sold me was you can access the front section or rear section of the bed by just flipping a single panel, no need to flip all the panels back to get to the front of the bed. They also are lockable and you don't need to lift the rear panel to open / close the tailgate.

Installation was pretty straight forward. The only drawback was it is winter here, so the rubber weather stripping was holding up the end panels slightly. They have started to settled down some.

• Like 1

Well, with the personal caddy and the sliding tray, and shipping for the caddy it was still $1388 after the discount and $25 coupon.. I was a little leery about spending $1400 on a cover but I have heard such good things I decided to go for it.. I think that personal caddy is 3-400 alone.. seems a little much for what it is, but it looks and sounds neat, we'll see.. I bought it because I thought it would help me utilize my bed a little better which right now stays empty 99% of the time as I don't want to leave stuff in it for someone to just walk off with.. I have the Line-x liner sprayed in there and the GM mat on top and that GM mat no matter how many sunny days its in will not lay flat.. It still has speed bumps in it from when it was rolled up in the box.. I am ready to fill a box of junk and strap it down for a few days but I don't want someone to think it's valuable and steal my bin.. so I'll do it once the cover is on..

I ordered my G4 Elite w/Personal Caddy and sliding drawer lastnight and I already have a tracking number from FedEx with a deliver on Thursday.. Pretty snappy service. I am very pleased.

Installed my Invis-a-rack / Truxedo combo today. It took quite a while to install, nothing difficult just lots of sealing and interpreting directions, and running out to buy a 17/64s drill bit.

Truxedo wants a fortune for the special tonneau this combo uses. I got an outstanding deal on it at http://www.truckalterations.com/ compared to everywhere else.

post-128486-0-33462300-1395533018_thumb.jpg

post-128486-0-90965400-1395533018_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I had a F150 and had the Bakflip HD folding cover, almost 5 years and no issues with it, worked great and no leaks. So likely I will get one of them again, or maybe try their new Roll-X cover since it doesn't entirely block the rear window when rolled up (compared to the folding model). I've sometimes read about customer services issues but usually they will take care of you, sometimes even the owner Julian gets involved on the truck forums.

as far as a great place to buy one from, try www.bakfactoryoutlet.com The owner is Morrie, call and ask for the forum discount and he'll give you his best price.

My dealer had a local accessory shop install a G2 cover as part of my purchase. I'm very satisified with the G2 and it hasn't leaked through numerious heavy downpoors. However, they did a poor job installing the drain system. They passed the drain tubes through the front bed rubber plugs. Clear plastic tubes crimped closed due to sharp bends, any suggestions? Thanks

My dealer had a local accessory shop install a G2 cover as part of my purchase. I'm very satisified with the G2 and it hasn't leaked through numerious heavy downpoors. However, they did a poor job installing the drain system. They passed the drain tubes through the front bed rubber plugs. Clear plastic tubes crimped closed due to sharp bends, any suggestions? Thanks

Hit up the home depot and get some 90* elbows if you want to keep the drains there. If you have a drop in bed liner just dump em down by the front tie downs.

Edited by MotoMedic

I took mine and heated them up before bending them, and put them through my tiedoen cutouts. Actually had to drill a hole through the plastic plug. The 90 elbow is a good idea tho.

Edited by MotoMedic

I got the rollbak g2 because I didn't want to have to lock the tailgate and the cover. The rollbak opens from below so when the tailgate is locked you cannot open it. Very happy with it.

All you need is reinforced vinyl tubing from Lowe's / Home Depot. Comes in a range of sizes and won't crimp or kink. And you don't need much... the ends of hose only need to be a few inches past the openings in bed to drain effectively.

clear-vinyl-heavy-wall.jpg

Edited by MotoMedic