2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

Just to throw this up here---- Tried contacting Extang for a warranty issue and after 3 non replied emails they had no interest in warranteeing my lifetime warranty cover..... Truxedo replaced my father in laws 7 year old tarp no questions asked with one photo.... just something to think about with what these cost....

• Like 2

I ordered a Leer 700 Hard Tonneau to go with my Bedrug. on my Topaz Blue Metallic Crew Cab Shortbed LTZ.

We will see how the color match comes out. Should be in by the end of the month.

I got the Retrax One which is very nice. I had Retrax punch out the stake holes to match the bed rails so I can use them with the cover on.

There are so many nice Tonneau covers available.

• Like 1

Looking for a soft roll up tonneau, just wanted to see which one is the best for our trucks? I see most guys are getting hard tops but I hate how much space they take up in the box and don't like my dirt bike being pushed up against it when I have it in the back. Any suggestions

I run an Access soft rollup Tonneau cover.

was like $275 on amazon.

easy to install. looks nice. keeps my stuff dry.

best of all, rolls up in a minute when I put my quad in the bed.

Does anyone have the Bakflip VP on their truck? If so any pros/cons on this cover. Im looking to buy one but can't quite make up my mind. It is between the Bakflip VP, Bakflip G2, Undercover Flex or the Bakflip Roll X? Any input on any of them. Thanks.

I have the vp, was in the same boat, couldn't decide between the vp or g2. It advertised the vp as flat with no hinges showing, well from 10ft off it is. If you walk up to it you can make them out under the vinyl. With that being said, I love this cover, easy install, looks great, has to be one of the lowest profile covers available. It sits damn near flat with the bed rails.no water whatsoever on my bed rug either. Definitely recommend it.

• Like 1

I have the Undercover Flex.

Not impressed with the finish/attention to detail. There are beads of sealant showing on the exterior of some of the rubber seals, the rod & lever lock on the third panel is very flimsy, if the long rod (passenger side) is not perfectly aligned with the rails the whole rod bows out and it doesn't lock under the rail. Lots of sharp edges on the sheetmetal brackets and the rail caps aren't sealed into the rails. All these things would be easy to overlook in a lower priced product, but for $700+ I would at least expect them to have someone wiping the excess sealant off the exterior seals.

As for functionality, its easy to open/close, and only took about 20mins to install. I did have to get softer tubing for the drains. Seems to be pretty watertight, a decent day of rain and a pretty thorough washing and there was only a bit of water at the front of the bed where it leaked between the rail and the end cap with the drain fitting (a bit of silicone should solve that). It did take about 2 days of 40°-50° weather before the bedside seals relaxed and laid completely flat against the rail caps.

Clean tailgate

Leer 550 tonneau

I decided on the Leer 550. I liked that it was waterproof and covered all of the black plastic on the bed rails. I painted the handle on the bed cover to match my truck and I removed the "LEER" lettering from the back as well. So far it's served me well. I paid $915 for the cover and install.

Edited by Coy9901
  • Like 2

Does anyone have the Bakflip VP on their truck? If so any pros/cons on this cover. Im looking to buy one but can't quite make up my mind. It is between the Bakflip VP, Bakflip G2, Undercover Flex or the Bakflip Roll X? Any input on any of them. Thanks.

I have a BakFlip G2 I believe. Place tried to tell me it was a hybrid of the G2 and Fibremax (Sounds suspicious). I also got the BakBox as well. So far it has been awesome and seems to work well.

WP 20140123 15 24 08 Pro

• Like 2

I bought a soft tri-fold off of ebay. $220 shipped. It doesn't have a name on it, but it looks just as good and has the same hardware as a friend of mine's name brand. Only had it a couple weeks, but have driven it in rain and it didn't leak at all. Plus, I think it looks great on!

Decided to go with the Bakflip VP will install later today once i get home.

Im not sure were your at but if its cold you might want to take a heat gun and go along the edges to help the rubber settle down. I did mine and bed has been virtually dry inside since install. Take care not to melt it lol. I just did one nice smooth pass.

I run an Access soft rollup Tonneau cover.

was like $275 on amazon.

easy to install. looks nice. keeps my stuff dry.

best of all, rolls up in a minute when I put my quad in the bed.

I've have 2 Access covers, a vanish and a tonnosport and they were both great. I did like the vinyl on the vanish better though. That's what I'll be putting on mine

Im not sure were your at but if its cold you might want to take a heat gun and go along the edges to help the rubber settle down. I did mine and bed has been virtually dry inside since install. Take care not to melt it lol. I just did one nice smooth pass.

Im in houston and its going to be like summer soon, so they should settle in the next few weeks.... install was fairly easy took maybe 30 minutes and another 30 minutes to align it somewhat perfect but overall easy install.