2014+ Intakes (CAI) & Air Filters

• 1 month later...

I removed the Airaid MIT and K&N filter from my '11 Yukon before trading it.

Installed it on my '17

the cast lug on the bottom that holds the rad hose on the earlier trucks needs to be drilled thru and tapped to 1/4" pipe for the second v/c breather.

plumb up the valve covers and done!

post-82791-0-67081500-1477401651_thumb.jpg

My Airaid Mit tube should be at my house in the next few days. I'm going to do an in can db test stock, and with the tube on. Probably going to do readings on idle, 55mph, hard pull without downshifting, and wot to see how much louder it is.

• Like 1

I ordered mine here: http://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes/airaid-modular-intake-tube

you can also get the Airaid JR kit that comes with a filter here:http://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes/airaid-jr-kits

I just got a K&N filter from autozone, but i've heard the airaid filters are good.

This is the set up I'm going to run. MIT will be here next week, then I'm going to put in a K&N filter. How do you like it?

This is the set up I'm going to run. MIT will be here next week, then I'm going to put in a K&N filter. How do you like it?

I like it a lot. I only wonder if a full on CAI would get a little better throttle response, but it breathes REALLY well and performs great! I would absolutely buy it again!

(note that the throttle response is great as is, I just wonder if it would be any better with full on CAI with an open cone filter rather than running the stock air box)

I know HP numbers would probably be the same between the two

Edited by tyrich88

Stock airbox is well designed, opening is generous in fender and has cold air.

Only thing replacement box will do is make more noise....JMHO

I believe this will be backed up by Black Bears results coming soon in their thread

Stock airbox is well designed, opening is generous in fender and has cold air.

Only thing replacement box will do is make more noise....JMHO

I believe this will be backed up by Black Bears results coming soon in their thread

Thats what i was thinking. Per Black Bear's last test, the HP numbers were the same. But that's from the peak of the curve. I'm wondering more about throttle response and the lower end. Granted... the results won't make me buy another intake. I love this one.

• Like 1

Thats what i was thinking. Per Black Bear's last test, the HP numbers were the same. But that's from the peak of the curve. I'm wondering more about throttle response and the lower end. Granted... the results won't make me buy another intake. I love this one.

Excellent. I agree the stock box is well made and I while I like the look some of the full CAIs, the MIT and a good filter should sufffice. Once I get the MIT (thought next week but the BOSS has other plans right now) I will give an update with my findings...

Thanks again for posting, brother.

I removed the Airaid MIT and K&N filter from my '11 Yukon before trading it.

Installed it on my '17

the cast lug on the bottom that holds the rad hose on the earlier trucks needs to be drilled thru and tapped to 1/4" pipe for the second v/c breather.

plumb up the valve covers and done!

I'm doing the same with my old MIT. HOW did you connect the breather hoses on the engine end? (I sent you a pm about it too)

Excellent. I agree the stock box is well made and I while I like the look some of the full CAIs, the MIT and a good filter should sufffice. Once I get the MIT (thought next week but the BOSS has other plans right now) I will give an update with my findings...

Thanks again for posting, brother.

Not a problem at all! A lot of CAIs seem to be coming with boxes of their own now. So those I wouldn't think provide any different performance than the MIT and a better filter.

The open element cone filter models, I only think might provide a little more low end torque because of the readily available air not needing to be pulled in from the fender... but the more i talk about that the less sense it makes haha.

• Like 1

Not a problem at all! A lot of CAIs seem to be coming with boxes of their own now. So those I wouldn't think provide any different performance than the MIT and a better filter.

The open element cone filter models, I only think might provide a little more low end torque because of the readily available air not needing to be pulled in from the fender... but the more i talk about that the less sense it makes haha.

Now I may have the clearance to get a full kit....not sure which way I will go.

Now I may have the clearance to get a full kit....not sure which way I will go.

You could always go with a Spectre kit, they are good (my father in law has one and loves it) and they're affordable as well.

It's about the same price as an airaid MIT and is an open element so its a little louder.

• Like 1