2014+ Intakes (CAI) & Air Filters

you got a good deal on airaid . just try to order from jet.com - NO DISCOUNT price is $152.90

. I must have caught the tail end of a promotion then. I'm glad I bought it when I did.

Ok, I installed my cai today and I must say it looks pretty good. The big airbox and filter fill up the space nicely. Now I just have to get used to the sound it makes, it has a weird growl at low rpm/ lots of throttle.

Before0221161356_zpspuaggo2h.jpg

After0221161510a_zpsl1vrgsth.jpg

I only have 1,250mi on my truck but there was no oil in my intake or throttle body.0221161404_zpsgkibxstw.jpg

I like this set up. Where did u buy it from? Cost? Thx

Has anyone tried a Spectre brand cold air intake kit 9006. They are normally $149 but on sale for $135. They are aluminum, would plastic be better to not heat up the air coming in to the engine? Any known trouble of check engine lights on after Spectre installation?

I've been lurking but had to sign up to try and get an answer. Is there an airaid MIT that fits a 2016 5.3l? I emailed airaid and just got an auto response that they don't make one yet.

I got the same response:

Hello,

Thank you for choosing Airaid. The 200-985 has not been fit tested on the 2016 model of the silverado so we can not recommend for you to install as we can not confirm that it would work. At this time if you do decide to install it would be done at your own discretion and it would not be covered under our warranty.

Thank you,

AIRAID Customer Service & Tech Support

[email protected]

http://www.airaid.com

Phone: 800-498-6951

I've been lurking but had to sign up to try and get an answer. Is there an airaid MIT that fits a 2016 5.3l? I emailed airaid and just got an auto response that they don't make one yet.

The Airaid MIT for the 2015 fits on the 2016. There were no design changes under the hood. I just installed the MIT on my 2016 a few weeks ago.

• Like 2

I got the same response:

Hello,

Thank you for choosing Airaid. The 200-985 has not been fit tested on the 2016 model of the silverado so we can not recommend for you to install as we can not confirm that it would work. At this time if you do decide to install it would be done at your own discretion and it would not be covered under our warranty.

Thank you,

AIRAID Customer Service & Tech [email protected]http://www.airaid.com

Phone: 800-498-6951

I'm not sure what there is to warranty, it's just a plastic tube. But yes, it will fit the 2016 because I just installed it on my truck.

Maybe I should email Airaid and let them know the MIT fits with zero issues...

Edited by Spurly
  • Like 1

Thanks, did you keep the stock filter or go with something else?

I kept the stock filter, didn't see a point in spending the money to replace a filter that had 500 miles on it on a brand new truck.

• 2 weeks later...

Airaid MIT took all but 15 minutes to install. I noticed the increased sound under acceleration immediately. The glarbal glarbal glarbal under light acceleration took a little getting used to.

I have run K&N in all of my cars and trucks since late 90's. No issues and I clean/oil every 50k miles. For the $40 up-front and then $20-25 every cleaning/oil, well worth it to me. No down-side.

• 2 weeks later...