2014+ Intakes (CAI) & Air Filters

I put on the S&B cold air intake last week and ran it for a week. It was just too loud for me. I have stock exhaust and no tuning. I imagine if you have exhaust done you wouldn't notice it. I've had intakes on most every vehicle I've ever had and never as loud as this. So for now it is off and a K&N drop in filter is now in place. It did seem like it pulled a little harder across the board. The fuel mileage was a solid plus 1 MPG. but it was only on a week and not worth the noise to me. I'm seeing plus .75 MPG with the K&N drop in. All hand calculated of course. I'm done doing mods to this truck. I haven't even made my first payment and I think it is a piece of junk! I'm going back to diesel weather I'm towing or not!

I put on the S&B cold air intake last week and ran it for a week. It was just too loud for me. I have stock exhaust and no tuning. I imagine if you have exhaust done you wouldn't notice it. I've had intakes on most every vehicle I've ever had and never as loud as this. So for now it is off and a K&N drop in filter is now in place. It did seem like it pulled a little harder across the board. The fuel mileage was a solid plus 1 MPG. but it was only on a week and not worth the noise to me. I'm seeing plus .75 MPG with the K&N drop in. All hand calculated of course. I'm done doing mods to this truck. I haven't even made my first payment and I think it is a piece of junk! I'm going back to diesel weather I'm towing or not!

It's difficult to validate mpg increases when week to week temperatures, fuel blends, wind, etc. change.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone with the MIT Airaid care to comment on how loud it was? I kinda like the noise as long as it's not crazy loud. I can get the K&N for 210 with a military discount so I am torn on which one to get. I had the 63 series in my Avalanche with no issues but after 120,000 miles I felt like Incouldnt get the filter clean and my mpg were really low. Maybe it's just because the truck was getting older,

Anyone with the MIT Airaid care to comment on how loud it was? I kinda like the noise as long as it's not crazy loud. I can get the K&N for 210 with a military discount so I am torn on which one to get. I had the 63 series in my Avalanche with no issues but after 120,000 miles I felt like Incouldnt get the filter clean and my mpg were really low. Maybe it's just because the truck was getting older,

It's noticeably louder than stock but in a good way. It roars when you get on the throttle. Definitely a great mod for the money. But I don't even pay attention to the sound anymore to be honest.

It's noticeably louder than stock but in a good way. It roars when you get on the throttle. Definitely a great mod for the money. But I don't even pay attention to the sound anymore to be honest.

Thanks for the feedback, looks like that's what I am going to go with.

I was actually thinking of getting a MIT and adding a tube under it and tapping into the MIT to make an attenuator. Making noise is not what makes power, necessarily. It's just that Airaid chose to ignore addressing the noise.

Edited by spurshot

Got the K&N CAI for the 5.3 and 6.2 yesterday and installed it on my 4.3 Fit no problem just needed a 4" to 3" coupler and fitting to close off the second crank case vent on the tube.

post-141350-0-39743600-1429120319_thumb.jpeg

I installed my Airaid MIT yesterday and am happy with the results. Cleans up the engine bay, sounds stock at part throttle and throaty at heavy/full throttle. I didn't notice any power increase or improved throttle response but for $150, what more can you ask for?

As I said in an earlier post I installed my K&N CAI , don't know what other guys get with improved mpg but I have to say mine has improved big time. I was getting around any where from 11 to 12 mpg around town and believe me where I live stop signs and red lights everywhere. But now I'm getting 14 to 15 mpg's , that factory airbox was a killer on mileage. Can't wait to get down to TN where my wife has a house in the country where you have open roads and very little stoppage.