2014+ Intakes (CAI) & Air Filters

S&B Update - September became October and now:

Thanks for your interest in our new cold air intake kit for the 2014 Chevy Silverado / GMC Sierra 5.3L (part number 75-5069). This intake is currently in development. We expect to have this kit released late in the fall of 2014. The cost of the kit will be $299 and will be available with a dry or cleanable filter.
We will provide you updates as we get closer to launching this product. You can reply to this email at anytime for an update or with any question. You can also visit our R&D section on our website for updates.
This will be available to ship from our Canadian DC apprx 3-4 weeks after it is released in the states. However, you are more than welcome to have it shipped from our plant here in California via USPS before then.
Thanks for your support.

Robin Lyons
Breathe easy. Your engine and warranty are protected.

A local company has a flash 20% off deal today for the AFE intake. Any feedback for afe would be great. I am leaning to go this way versus waiting for s&b. thanks

Who was your local having the 20% off?

I'm waiting for someone in Sask to have them at a discount but I know enough people in Alberta that I could get one picked up. I'm missed one about 6 weeks ago and haven't wanted to pull the trigger again because I know what I could get it for.

Who was your local having the 20% off?

I'm waiting for someone in Sask to have them at a discount but I know enough people in Alberta that I could get one picked up. I'm missed one about 6 weeks ago and haven't wanted to pull the trigger again because I know what I could get it for.

Parts engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol..okay? thanks for the mickey mouse explanation...

You're most welcome.

Seeing as the MIT for the 2014 was just announced that day, it would seem self-evident that there wouldn't be any independent testing results.

I'm perfectly fine pointing it out directly tho.

You're most welcome.

Seeing as the MIT for the 2014 was just announced that day, it would seem self-evident that there wouldn't be any independent testing results.

I'm perfectly fine pointing it out directly tho.

Doesn't quite make sense to me that the company didn't bother on doing some before and after dynos prior to announcing the product, i'm new to that. On my prior cars, 2006 Inifiniti G35, 2008.5 Mazdaspeed3 Turbo 4cyl, 2013 BMW 328i, all intakes i've purchased had at least some before and after dynos on their intakes. 3rd party dynos came after. That is from my experience, so no, it isn't "self-evident" lol... Thanks though. :driving:

Edited by arkenzo

I get you. They'll probably get around to it. This was essentially a heads up to people that are ready to purchase now (since we emailed them directly about it). They have no need to "pitch" their product. Hell, I modded an older version to fit mine.

As far as performance, the factory boxes are actually cold air and efficient. The addition of a high flow filter and replacing the factory tube that eliminates all the sound diffusers is were the performance gains are realized. I actually think the factory setup in the 2014 is very efficient. At the end of the day, its still an LS engine in essentially the same configuration so I believe the previous test results are still relevant.

Also, its not that the Airaid setup is more than performant than the other brands, it's that it's within a narrow competitive range and far less expensive since you're not replacing the factory box.

I get you. They'll probably get around to it. This was essentially a heads up to people that are ready to purchase now (since we emailed them directly about it). They have no need to "pitch" their product. Hell, I modded an older version to fit mine.

As far as performance, the factory boxes are actually cold air and efficient. The addition of a high flow filter and replacing the factory tube that eliminates all the sound diffusers is were the performance gains are realized. I actually think the factory setup in the 2014 is very efficient. At the end of the day, its still an LS engine in essentially the same configuration so I believe the previous test results are still relevant.

Also, its not that the Airaid setup is more than performant than the other brands, it's that it's within a narrow competitive range and far less expensive since you're not replacing the factory box.

They kinda are more performant than other brands... Look up the BB dyno test results which you've probably seen before.

+1 for Airaid for making a product they didn't plan on making telling we bugged them.

I've already order my dry jr kit and I'm sure I'll be just as pleased as I was in the other truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't quite make sense to me that the company didn't bother on doing some before and after dynos prior to announcing the product, i'm new to that. On my prior cars, 2006 Inifiniti G35, 2008.5 Mazdaspeed3 Turbo 4cyl, 2013 BMW 328i, all intakes i've purchased had at least some before and after dynos on their intakes. 3rd party dynos came after. That is from my experience, so no, it isn't "self-evident" lol... Thanks though. :driving:

It's not officially released . It's not even on the website. It's a heads up to the guys like me that's been emailing and calling asking about when they're product is gonna be ready. It's a call to order.

Edited by sethorama

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got this email, looks like the Airraid MIT is released for our 6.2s! Just talked to Mark@Airraid, have one on order #201-711. Can't wait!

It’s here! ,We have just released the long overdue MIT & JR kits for the 2014 Chevrolet/GMC 1500 6.2L trucks. The MIT will retail for $169.99 and the JR kits are $219.99 with the oiled filter and $229.99 with the dry filter. As a thank you for being so patient with us while we completed developing this part I would like to offer you a 10% discount and will also include free ground shipping if you are in the continental US. If you would like to get one of these on order you can reach me directly at 602-652-9727 or toll free 800-498-6951 Ext. 727.

Please feel free to get back in touch with any additional questions you may have.

200-711 Airaid JR kit w/oiled filter

201-711 Airaid JR kit w/dry filter

200-911 Airaid MIT only

Edited by big_D