2014+ Intakes (CAI) & Air Filters

Did you have any luck with the DashHawk? I have one that I used on my 2008 TBSS (DD until I get the Sierra Denali next week) and my G8 GXP (traded for Sierra Denali) but have to setup a Windows XP machine to be able to program it... Do these trucks suffer from heat soak like the G8 did? I had the Vararam and the Vector heat soak kit on my G8. I know that Vector still makes heat soak kits just not sure if they work or are needed??? Thinking I will go with the Airaid on this vehicle...

LOL I haven't tried it yet! Not sure on the heat soak issue with these trucks but I haven't heard anyone speak of it yet. I'll get around to it one day as I have been curious myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Installed the Airaid CAI today. It only took about an hour from hood open to washing hands. I needed to be fast to beat the Florida heat and thunderstorms.

My initial impressions... very nice. I sense that the vehicle is more responsive, the Borla exhaust even sounds louder. I am sure some of this is a placebo and some of it is from resetting the computer, but some of it really is the CAI! :) The truck is more "pouty" almost angry now unless I keep my foot in it... not going to be good for gas mileage or my wallet if my radar detector fails to alert me to our local peace officers.

Will be working on my BB tune to dial this thing in but so far I am beyond satisfied with the results.

2014-07-04%2012.28.35.jpg

Edited by chuckwi11
  • Like 3

FYI - AEM has just released their kit... a tad pricey but it is a closed system and their quality is top notch.

AEM 21-8032DS Brute Force Intake

Nice. The price is pretty much standard for the seal box intakes. Right around the $400 mark.

Another good intake to add to the mix. Make the decision that much tougher to make.

I really need to get off my ass and make a decision on this already.

Nice. The price is pretty much standard for the seal box intakes. Right around the $400 mark.

Another good intake to add to the mix. Make the decision that much tougher to make.

I really need to get off my ass and make a decision on this already.

I am still waiting for S&B to release their intake (should be within the next month) at an entry price of $299. I loved my AEM on my '05 but anything North of $300 just doesn't make sense imho.

I am still waiting for S&B to release their intake (should be within the next month) at an entry price of $299. I loved my AEM on my '05 but anything North of $300 just doesn't make sense imho.

I just took at look at the S&B site and I like the design/function for the 2013 GMs, so hopefully that stays similar for the '14s. I also really liked my AEM on my last ride but I'm with you, the price does leave something to be desired. I've waited this long, what's another month.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed the Airaid... When I first started my truck up.. the cooling fans kicked on... I have never heard this before. Truck was cold while I installed. So I shut it down... waited a few seconds and restarted... all was fine.. no fans kicking on. Went for a short drive...everything seemed ok. No codes or anything.

Anyone have any idea what would cause these fans to kick on like that?

Just installed the AFE intake on my truck and had the same thing happen. Must have something to do with it detecting that teh MAF was unplugged? Who knows. Like yours it only did it on the first start and has been normal since.

I just installed the Volant CAI system with the Donaldson filter. I had this installed for a week before installing the Corsa exhaust, and I will say, it sounded good, but might be a little much without the added exhaust sound.

Overall I am pretty pleased. As others have stated with the Volant system, the fit and finish could be a little better (the cover doesn't directly line up with the box). The only thing I was really disappointed with was the cheap rubber hose that comes with the system for the valve cover breather lines. The hose would easily kink, so I went to the local auto parts store and bought 3 feet of corded thick rubber hose that will not kink for $7. I do really like the Donaldson filter and I think the system sounds great when combined with the Corsa exhaust!

I don't know if it is providing any "colder" air, but there is definitely more air available vs the stock system, so that can't be a bad thing...

truckairintake.jpg

I just installed the Volant CAI system with the Donaldson filter. I had this installed for a week before installing the Corsa exhaust, and I will say, it sounded good, but might be a little much without the added exhaust sound.

Overall I am pretty pleased. As others have stated with the Volant system, the fit and finish could be a little better (the cover doesn't directly line up with the box). The only thing I was really disappointed with was the cheap rubber hose that comes with the system for the valve cover breather lines. The hose would easily kink, so I went to the local auto parts store and bought 3 feet of corded thick rubber hose that will not kink for $7. I do really like the Donaldson filter and I think the system sounds great when combined with the Corsa exhaust!

I don't know if it is providing any "colder" air, but there is definitely more air available vs the stock system, so that can't be a bad thing...

truckairintake.jpg

Nice looking setup. Good job