2014+ Intakes (CAI) & Air Filters

The only difference is the throttle body size ... and you can make it fit with a little negotiating

Has anybody checked to see if the stock lid of the airbox is the same part number between the 5.3 and 6.2? A difference there could affect MAF calibration.

I have the volant and it fits good and the sensor is less then an inch from where the factory mounting is. only thing is that the 6.2l factory exhaust is so quiet that you hear the intake on a plus note the intake does make a decent rumble under wot

Has anybody checked to see if the stock lid of the airbox is the same part number between the 5.3 and 6.2? A difference there could affect MAF calibration.

Jon,

Have you installed an intake and re calibrated your MAF yet? If so, what intake did you use and about what percent did it change and which way was it off?

No, not yet. I'm just making sure to eliminate any issues there might be using a 5.3 intake on a 6.2. If the stock part is the same, it won't matter--they either made it correctly to have minimal effect on calibration or they didn't for either engine.

The Corvette 6.2's tables are very different from the truck 6.2. By the looks of the numbers, the Vette has a larger diameter tube than the trucks. Some aftermarket CAI's being developed for the C7 aren't going to try to keep the same calibration--they'll come with new tables for the user to enter into the tune. I don't see anybody going through that much effort for the trucks.

No, not yet. I'm just making sure to eliminate any issues there might be using a 5.3 intake on a 6.2. If the stock part is the same, it won't matter--they either made it correctly to have minimal effect on calibration or they didn't for either engine.

The Corvette 6.2's tables are very different from the truck 6.2. By the looks of the numbers, the Vette has a larger diameter tube than the trucks. Some aftermarket CAI's being developed for the C7 aren't going to try to keep the same calibration--they'll come with new tables for the user to enter into the tune. I don't see anybody going through that much effort for the trucks.

The corvette engine is also different so that will explain some of it because anytime you change the efficiency of the Pump you will have to scale the source that feeds it...but you are right, it's not just the size but the Vette will have more of a direct path from filter to TB... For instance, pull up the calibrations for the 2004 CTSV and 2004 Z06 Vette, the only difference in the two is the intake path and exhaust, MAF calibrations are quite a bit different... Edited by TDT

Actually, the C7 doesn’t have a nice straight shot like the prior Vettes:

54-74201_400.jpg

Similar to ours but shorter and larger diameter as well. It sits right behind the radiator where hot air is constantly blown on the tube though. Not the best setup, but not easy to fix either.

Anyway, yes, mainly the different intake manifold on the Vette is going to substantially change VE across the board due to the shorter runners. This results in big changes in the timing maps as well. And since the intake tubes are also the MAF housings on these things, any change to diameter or shape there will change the calibration of the sensor.

I worry a bit about the placement of the MAF so close to the transition in the C7 AFE intake above--it looks to me like it may cause the underreporting of air if stock calibration is used. They do it more gracefully with the truck intake (but the longer tube gives them more room to work with).

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone besides YQatari modified the Airaid tube #200-996 for the previous generation trucks to fit the factory 14 air box? I have the Volant CAI and like a previous member said it sounds like drowning wookies at partial throttle. I am thinking about getting the Airaid tube and tapping in a couple of these, any thoughts?

post-125283-0-83565600-1399341885_thumb.jpg

^^^^

I pulled my AFE Stage 2si, off....mostly due to the vibration. I modded the stock airbox by opening up the lower hole and removing the snorkel. I then added some medium density foam to seal the box to the fender like factory. It added a verrrrry slight increase in noise for the better.

I actually think that lowend is better w/o the AFE but that might have something to do with being un-tuned and mapping possibly being off (the MAF sensor is moved slightly and the opening before it is wider than stock).

I think your idea would work fine.

Edited by 14'SilveradoLT

I installed a K&N CAI on my 2014 today. I was impressed with the growl on hard acceleration, and the mild noise on normal accel. I'm getting my dynomax cat back soon and I'm excited to see how everything works together.

I installed a K&N CAI on my 2014 today. I was impressed with the growl on hard acceleration, and the mild noise on normal accel. I'm getting my dynomax cat back soon and I'm excited to see how everything works together.

So are you impressed with it Ktapper? I'm torn between this system but swapping out the normal filter for a dry flow one and the AFE stage 2 system that 14'silveradolt is offering me. Damn decisions.

So are you impressed with it Ktapper? I'm torn between this system but swapping out the normal filter for a dry flow one and the AFE stage 2 system that 14'silveradolt is offering me. Damn decisions.

Yes, I am so far, but it is definitely loud when you get on it. I'm not sure how the AFE compares to the K&N but you probably can't go wrong with either.

Yes, I am so far, but it is definitely loud when you get on it. I'm not sure how the AFE compares to the K&N but you probably can't go wrong with either.

I'm not scared of loud. More thinking about cruising noise. Any annoying notes or tones when you're at a constant speed.

Also wondering how well it seats to the hood. None of these intakes are really CAI's but if the seal is pretty good to the hood, it should be sucking more air from the fender opening and from behind the light.

Edited by soltys

The AFE stage 2si isn't loud at cruise...on WOT and medium throttle it def has a more pronounced "growl". The AFE doesn't 'completely' seal to the fender. I added some weather stripping to make sure it sealed.

Can you post a picture of your weather stripping job?