2014+ Intakes (CAI) & Air Filters

I was thinking about modifying a Injen Cold Air Kit and cutting it right near the MAF....looks like their MAF placement is closest to the factory airbox location. It fits our trucks and has the proper fittings for the breathers off of the valve covers. This looks like it may work. It comes in black and polished. INJEN PF7064BLK

I just checked it out with excitement and noticed that it looks like it's metal of some sort. The metal intake tubes tend to heat soak quite a bit so I tend to steer away from them if I can find a plastic one.

I can tig up some nipples on an aluminum tube and buy rubber boots all for under $100 but haven't went that route because I want plastic.

Good find though...

Edited by TDT
  • Like 1

Just installed the AFE Stage 2si.

Impressions:

Build quality- (A- )It's pretty good, there is a gap on the seal to the fender.

Intallation- (A ) Pretty Straight forward...I broke one clip on a breather hose before I figured out that all you need to do mash downward.

Performance: N/A.....Sounds cool, no difference in the butt dyno, Seems to keep it out of V4 longer...but then holds it longer once it's in

MISC: The danged thing vibrates BAD under WOT throttle....I had to make shift shim it to get it to stop. I'll be getting some thick window gasket weather stripping to finalize that part. Other than that...we'll see if there is a difference in mileage. I think it might return some gains w/ a tune perhaps...stock not so much.

First... Why would it vibrate under WOT? Do you know what's causing that?

Keep us posted on any real world gains.

Yep, the feet aren't snapping into the stock location holes at the bottom....it's like the "AFE feet" aren't tapered correctly. I've pushed pretty hard on the sucker and it will not "snap" in like stock would.

I might go back out and try to force it harder.

Edited by 14'SilveradoLT

Well, the thing sounds awesome wot....nice and deep.

Bad---- my wife hates it, son loves it....wife wins. I'll throw it up on Ebay and/or here. I need something quieter.

Power wise....nothing high, nothing low.....does feel more responsive at around 2300-3000rpm. Rarely allows the truck to swap to V4...I dunno if that's good or bad.

Quieter options??

I will say this filter is HUGE.

Edited by 14'SilveradoLT

Well, the thing sounds awesome wot....nice and deep.

Bad---- my wife hates it, son loves it....wife wins. I'll throw it up on Ebay and/or here. I need something quieter.

Power wise....nothing high, nothing low.....does feel more responsive at around 2300-3000rpm. Rarely allows the truck to swap to V4...I dunno if that's good or bad.

Quieter options??

I will say this filter is HUGE.

Can you use the intake tube to go straight to factory air box...

I ran the Airaid for about two weeks and ended up taking it off and going back to stock. It was a piece of cake to install.

Power wise, I feel like I lost a ton of low end torque. Had trouble breaking the tires loose from a dig. After going back to stock, no problem lighting them up again.

Gas Mileage, Lost 1.5 MPG, got it back after going back to stock.

Sound, Varied from sounding awesome to sounding terrible. Depending on throttle there are times it would sound like a drowning wookie.

Looked good under the hood, but the airbox didn't come close to sealing on the hood. So I know it was drawing hot air into the intake. I didn't throw any codes while the intake was on, I've never had these results from a CAI?

Anyway, Back to stock and happy. The Airaid will go on craigslist/ebay.

Edited by TheCoop

Sound, Varied from sounding awesome to sounding terrible. Depending on throttle there are times it would sound like a drowning wookie.

Funny stuff right there, I hope there is no patent on that saying because I'm gonna use it at least once or twice.

This is why I push that we only replace the intake tube to the factory box because nothing is more disturbing to me than the sound of drowning Wookies, I mean, what are you gonna do, you can't save them because they will just claw and scratch and just take you down with them...

Edited by TDT
  • Like 3

The tube will NOT swap over to the stock air box. Good news: Put the plug on the front of the box and it's pretty bearable. Towed 90 miles today with it....def louder.

Towed ~4,000 lbs and averaged 13.7 MPG......and that was about 35 miles of city driving. Doesn't quite seal to the fender (just bought some rubber weather stripping). ....I'm going to give a few more weeks.

Also not sure it's a vibration from the airbox....it could actually be coming from that stupid adaptive exhaust valve...i've already got some clamps to keep it open.

Could you let me know the difference when you find out? I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks!! Tapatalk via iPhone 5s

The only difference is the throttle body size ... and you can make it fit with a little negotiating

The only difference is the throttle body size ... and you can make it fit with a little negotiating

Oh I got it on when I did initial install. I was just wondering if there would be any advantage to the one MADE for the 6.2L versus the one that I have...the 5.3L version. I have absolutely no problem with version that I have on my truck but would hate to think that I was missing something by jumping the gun.

I just installed an Injen cold air intake for my truck. Very easy to install open top but draws from the fender well. The difference in sound from stock to this is night and day when you get on it but it's not abnoxious. Dry filter no oiling and when I read their dyno test they had the highest gains I've seen and if you look closely it's around 90 degrees when they did the dyno. I have not dynoed it but I notice a huge difference in acceleration and response. Best part it was on sale for $240.

Just purchased the same
  • Like 1