2014+ Intakes (CAI) & Air Filters

Installed the Airaid dry filter CAI yesterday. Fairly easy. Didn't disconnect battery cable and when I started it, engine light was on and fans running full speed. Shut down, disconnected battery for 5 mins, fired back up, everything fine. Sounds great. I can see my engine and work on it more easily. Looks cool. For me, power gains are probably placebo (I have a 600hp Camaro). but, it does sound really good. Cons: Overpriced for what it is (~$350), cost of filter replacements (not sure of the longevity of those). A little concerned about the open top. My engine gets dirty. Not sure how some of these trucks I see posted have spotless engine compartments. Happy overall. Haven't noticed any MPG increases yet (after ~60 miles). Dual exhaust next!

Best as in?

If you're looking for great filtering ability, Amsoil and AFE make a great dry filter with outstanding filtering ability.

If you're looking for air flow K&N or any other wet cotton gauze filter will suit you.

does anyone have the part# for the airaid MIT only, it looks to be the best option with the least modification and best price

MIT is not available for the 2014 yet. A couple users have purchased the 2013 MIT and modified the PCV connection locations to make it work (write up somewhere in here on this). I have ordered one myself and will do the same because I am with you on it being not only the best bang for the buck but the quite possibly the best bang for a CAI on a these trucks.

MIT is not available for the 2014 yet. A couple users have purchased the 2013 MIT and modified the PCV connection locations to make it work (write up somewhere in here on this). I have ordered one myself and will do the same because I am with you on it being not only the best bang for the buck but the quite possibly the best bang for a CAI on a these trucks.

Let me know how it goes, I just figure if I pay for plug and play I should get it. I'll wait until they develop it for the '14 I guess.

Let me know how it goes, I just figure if I pay for plug and play I should get it. I'll wait until they develop it for the '14 I guess.

Completely understood... I just get impatient. But I will post a write up when completed.

Just talked to Airaid, currently there is no plan to develop one(MIT) for the 14s. I stated, that was a shame as guys are waiting for it to come out. He asked for the forum, so maybe they get a prototype going soon. I would suggest more call and ask them as well.

Edited by mzodarg

How good are the MIT? I know nothing about CAI except the basics. What makes them the best?

As far as being the best... I guess that is still subjective. What I like about them is the factory air box produces probably the coolest intake air compared to so called "CAI's" and it flows air very well, at least for stock/stock-ish motors. The only thing the MIT replaces is the tube between the intake and the factory air box, giving the air a smoother path to the motor and removing the current intake tube/box crap that is bigger and boxier than my first apartment.

Here is a test done by a very well respected tuner and supporting member of this forum that is a actually a good read.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/145676-bbp-independent-intake-test-results/page-4?do=findComment&comment=1381935

Here are the actual results of the test with tons of recorded Data

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55742651/Intake%20Testing/Intake%20Testing%20Results%20-%20Intake%20Testing%20Results.pdf

Just bought the AFE Stage 2i today for the 5.3L. I'll let you guys know how the install goes.

I'm new to the forum, been lurking since I traded in my 2013 F150 Ecoboost (4x4 Offroad, solo mach-x exhaust, 3.55 gears, SSinc tuned, AFE stage 2 intake, and a mild polish on the TB)....on my 2014 Silverado 5.3L CrewCab 4x4.

Only mods so far are plastidipped front emblem, muffler delete and new tip. I'm loving the truck...I do miss the 93octane tuned power of the Ecoboost at times though.

I am also waiting for the MIT for 2014, Maybe I will contact them as well so they can see the volume of people that are interested.

Would be the thing to do. I talked to them the other day as well and they said they would add it to their lost revenues files.