2014 20" Sierra SLT Rims

How shall I care for these in the New England environment? I'm pretty snap but NOT planning to purchase replacement rims as I just bought this truck 3 weeks ago. Are these pretty good to go or known for issues?

They will be fine. My wife has a 2012 Acadia Denali with the chrome rims and a 2009 Acadia SLT with chrome rims before that. We've never had an issue with pitting on them. GM seems to be producing a quality rim lately.

How about the ones on the 2014 Sierra SLT? chrome or no? I ask because that'll depend on the cleaning chemicals I use this summer...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Pretty sure yours are just the chrome version of what I have on mine. I just use eagle one chrome wheel cleaner on the wife's chrome rims, and it does great. It's an SUV, so it's not like we're running overly aggressive brake pads that would get corrosive :)

Look into plasti dip. You can get a clear glossifier. Spray it on for the winter for protection then just peak it off when the weather clears up. You'll want to do about 3-4 coats to make it easy to peel off. The stuff is amazing. ta5y9a8y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Archived