Halogen & LED Headlight Bulb Upgrades

49 minutes ago, FootballCoach53 said:

Appreciate that. So these bulbs that are pushing 4k lumens won’t blind people out of the projector?

It was my experience that the factory Sierra (2014-15 SLT) projector controlled the cutoff and bleed/artifacts very well. I drove in other cars in front of my truck and didn't have problems with glare.  There are many members here that have HID kits in the factory projectors, that should be able to provide their experience.  The halogen projectors in a Sierra are designed very similarly to HID projectors. The only significant design difference was the bulb mount when I compared a RX-350 HID projector. .  Since the Morimoto kit I had, placed the arc of the HID at the same location as the filament of the halogen bulb, the projectors worked very well.

DSC_2713.JPG

Edited by Spurshot

30 minutes ago, Spurshot said:

It was my experience that the factory Sierra (2014-15 SLT) projector controlled the cutoff and bleed/artifacts very well. I drove in other cars in front of my truck and didn't have problems with glare.  There are many members here that have HID kits in the factory projectors, that should be able to provide their experience.  The halogen projectors in a Sierra are designed very similarly to HID projectors. The only significant design difference was the bulb mount when I compared a RX-350 HID projector. .  Since the Morimoto kit I had, placed the arc of the HID at the same location as the filament of the halogen bulb, the projectors worked very well.

DSC_2713.JPG

Thanks, brother.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Andrew Nguyen said:

Yeah I’m just stuck between hids or less cause when I put in led bulbs into the projector the beam was all scattered and more blue than bright 

I have 5k leds in my fogs and 5k 55W hids in the top, better then any stock light output in my opinion.