Halogen & LED Headlight Bulb Upgrades

I just ordered the BPS 8000 lumen led headlights with the canbus module and was wondering if the module and driver fit behind the dust caps on the sierra, or you need to drill a hole in the caps and mount both externally?

BPS performance shipped these lights really quick....i'm impressed with their customer service!

Thanks for the help in advance!

I just ordered the BPS 8000 lumen led headlights with the canbus module and was wondering if the module and driver fit behind the dust caps on the sierra, or you need to drill a hole in the caps and mount both externally?

BPS performance shipped these lights really quick....i'm impressed with their customer service!

Thanks for the help in advance!

Just got an email from Amazon, 8000 lumen kit / 6500k for $89 Edited by Aaron1085

I just worry about the 6500k color.... Definitely don't want the "tuner" look and I'd want matching fog bulbs too.

Sent from my iPhone

This is a concern of mine as well. We'll see. Family still sick so I haven't been able to get them in. It may not be so bad in a projector.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I just worry about the 6500k color.... Definitely don't want the "tuner" look and I'd want matching fog bulbs too.

Sent from my iPhone

I am running 5500K lights (HID) in my truck, and the light is white as daylight. Anything above 6000K starts to move into the blueish range. So your lights will have a faint blue tint, shouldn't be too pronounced but there. Won't look too bad.

Agh, cheaper than HID's however I'm so gun shy. I hate spending money and not knowing the look I will get. I guess no one has installed these lights yet eh?!

Thanks for your input though about your HID's and the color!

Sent from my iPhone

OK so here's an update...

After 2.5 hours of troubleshooting I cannot get the BPS lights to work at all. They light up without the CANBUS but as soon as I start the truck they shut off. With the CANBUS they don't work at all. Even with reverse polarity.

Also, the adjustment ring is a great concept but one of mine stripped upon initial loosening of the ring. Not cool.

I don't get it. They feel like a really quality bulb and materials are top notch...

That being said, when they were on the color was fine. About the same as my OPT 7 fogs that claim to be 5500k. I think these companies just estimate their color temperature.

Anyway I have a message into BPS to see if they can resolve the issue... I'll update again soon (hopefully).

After 2.5 hours of troubleshooting I cannot get the BPS lights to work at all. They light up without the CANBUS but as soon as I start the truck they shut off. With the CANBUS they don't work at all. Even with reverse polarity.

Also, the adjustment ring is a great concept but one of mine stripped upon initial loosening of the ring. Not cool.

I don't get it. They feel like a really quality bulb and materials are top notch...

That being said, when they were on the color was fine. About the same as my OPT 7 fogs that claim to be 5500k. I think these companies just estimate their color temperature.

Anyway I have a message into BPS to see if they can resolve the issue... I'll update again soon (hopefully).

That's really a bummer, hopefully you can resolve this without ripping your hair out. I'm looking forward to seeing how these look, and hopefully figure out how they fit in the gmc.

There seems to be a lot of GMCs doing this mod, no '14 Silverados though.

• Like 2

OK so I got them going. I am still impressed with BPS customer service. I tried a few more combinations and apparently I never tried the bulbs with the CANBUS and the polarity reversed on the bulb side of the CANBUS. I must have only tried the other end.

The color is spot on with my LED fogs which claim to be 5500k.

I don't have any comment on performance yet. Hopefully tonight I get to try them out.

• Like 2

18066f62465401e3f71ef73a707fa02b.jpg63ea6f6ddfb30017a1ed1034bf169a69.jpg

So the CANBUS and the ballast fit inside the projector. It takes quite a bit of finagling to get them in there but they're in there with the cap on.

Also, here's a tip on the air box... You don't need to take it apart. This saves 10 minutes (or 30 if it's your first time). Loosen the hose clamp on the intake. Unplug the O2 sensor and yank it out. The base actually isn't bolted in. Just grommets. I also found that the dealer who did the PIT never even put the base of the air box back into the grommets. Just left it sitting there like a douche. Unbelievable.