Halogen & LED Headlight Bulb Upgrades

Yes I got the Philips bulbs installed without issue. I did the need a relay harness. The Philips bulbs are definitely brighter than the xenondepot ones but the light pattern is a little less even. I'm going to fiddle around with the orientation to see if that makes a difference. Right now they're at the 3 and 9 o'clock position. It might also be due to the presence of the "cap" at the end that is causing some sort of interference pattern.

The uneven light can be seen as brighter inverted "V" pattern buried within the main beam when pointed at a wall. This results in spotty distribution in the mid-distance part of the beam when driving. It's noticeable but not too annoying.

I noticed that some also and if you get the 9 and 3 position as close as possible that helps some. I have sold a bunch of these and I think they are way better then the previous generations don't you?

I have the BPS LEDs on order. They contacted me about the CANBUS and said they would send them just incase, no charge. They are shipping them quicker than i expected too. So far customer service has been fantastic. Hopefully I like the light pattern/output.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Cool thanks man, I think I'm going to try those. These are then right?

LED Headlight Bulbs Kit 9012 Philips 8000 Lumens https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ANYJEOA/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_h0Z-wbW8TRXEP

Ok so, the 6500kw color may be a bit terrible, but the light output is superior to stock; is that what I gather?

And, you also need a Can-Bus? Dying for a headlight upgrade!!!

Ok so, the 6500kw color may be a bit terrible, but the light output is superior to stock; is that what I gather?

And, you also need a Can-Bus? Dying for a headlight upgrade!!!

So the XenonDepot bulbs are 4th generation Phillips luxeon chip sets. They are 2500 lumens each @ 6000 Kelvin color.

The BPS bulbs are 7th generation Phillips luxeon chip sets with 4000 lumens each @ 6500 Kelvin color and adjustable focal point.

Once you get into the 6500K range you see more blue tint however increased lumens will wash some of that blue out. I don't think it's really annoying until you hit 8000K. I haven't seen the two bulbs side by side nor do I know the longevity of the BPS bulbs.

I will report back after the install.

• Like 2

So the XenonDepot bulbs are 4th generation Phillips luxeon chip sets. They are 2500 lumens each @ 6000 Kelvin color.

The BPS bulbs are 7th generation Phillips luxeon chip sets with 4000 lumens each @ 6500 Kelvin color and adjustable focal point.

Once you get into the 6500K range you see more blue tint however increased lumens will wash some of that blue out. I don't think it's really annoying until you hit 8000K. I haven't seen the two bulbs side by side nor do I know the longevity of the BPS bulbs.

Could you take a few pics of the install and before and after light output pics??

• Like 1

Do you think the Gen 7 H11 bulbs would fit proper (in the housing and without messing up dust cap) in my 2014 Silverado with the stock projectors. I think it should if this model fits the sierras ok...

just wondering anyones opinion rather than taking that gamble.

thanks

these are the bulbs I have in mind http://www.bpsperformance.com/#!product/prd1/4447427121/led-headlight-bulb-g7-philips-lumileds-h11

Edited by Siahnide

Do you think the Gen 7 H11 bulbs would fit proper (in the housing and without messing up dust cap) in my 2014 Silverado with the stock projectors. I think it should if this model fits the sierras ok...

just wondering anyones opinion rather than taking that gamble.

thanks

Yea I'm not sure. The H11's could be a different dimension.

LED Headlight Bulbs Kit 9012 Philips 8000 Lumens https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ANYJEOA/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_h0Z-wbW8TRXEP

Arriving today, fast shipping. Was expected to be the 11th to 15th...

Hopefully I can get them in tomorrow and take some pics.

Arriving today, fast shipping. Was expected to be the 11th to 15th...

Hopefully I can get them in tomorrow and take some pics.

Started surfing through amazon, I see there's some 12000 lumen kits, it says 8000 per bulb but obvious math error there. I have 9006 4500LM per bulb kit and it's pretty decent, but these 10000-12000 lumen kits FOR 9012s have sparked my interest and they are the same price.

http://www.amazon.com/Headlight-Bulbs-Conversion-12000-Lumens/dp/B01ANYJCPQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1459974539&sr=1-1&keywords=9012+12000+lumen

I am skeptical if it's false advertising though, that output from a bulb seems a little much but mind you LED tech is coming along quite nicely. If it is indeed that output, imagine them in a reflector housing?

Edited by Jordan18

Started surfing through amazon, I see there's some 12000 lumen kits, it says 8000 per bulb but obvious math error there. I have 9006 4500LM per bulb kit and it's pretty decent, but these 10000-12000 lumen kits FOR 9012s have sparked my interest and they are the same price.

http://www.amazon.com/Headlight-Bulbs-Conversion-12000-Lumens/dp/B01ANYJCPQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1459974539&sr=1-1&keywords=9012+12000+lumen

I am skeptical if it's false advertising though, that output from a bulb seems a little much but mind you LED tech is coming along quite nicely. If it is indeed that output, imagine them in a reflector housing?

12000 lumens in a reflector housing will likely land you lawsuit. I'd be careful with that much light. That's like putting HID's in a reflector. People do it but it's blinding.

If the Sierra projectors weren't so terrible I wouldn't mess with them. Even still I'm hesitant but they are projectors so there is a distinct cutoff.

Reflectors emit light pollution everywhere so HID's or 12000 lumens in a reflector would be dangerous unless only used with high beams - in that case go for it!

OK I've beat this like a dead horse, sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using I'matalk

Edited by Sierra Jon

12000 lumens in a reflector housing will likely land you lawsuit. I'd be careful with that much light. That's like putting HID's in a reflector. People do it but it's blinding.

If the Sierra projectors weren't so terrible I wouldn't mess with them. Even still I'm hesitant but they are projectors so there is a distinct cutoff.

Reflectors emit light pollution everywhere so HID's or 12000 lumens in a reflector would be dangerous unless only used with high beams - in that case go for it!

OK I've beat this like a dead horse, sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using I'matalk

I might give them shot. I found a 12k lumen set on ebay as well from the same seller I got my current 9k kit from. There's different styles as well I would be curious about. My current kit has 2 led diodes 180 degrees so I have them at a 9 o clock and 3 o clock position. I trialed a lower output set that had 4 diodes all 90 degrees from each other and they were awful despite filling the projector more fully.

Maybe stick to what I know works

I think output would still be manageable in a projector. What worries me is spacing in the housing with the dust covers. These probably have some fair sized fans on them.

Edited by Jordan18

Ok, I'd really like to try these out. However, my dealer did the "upgrade" of different bulbs and turned up the voltage which did little good for my shit headlights. Will this have any affect on these? Sorry for not being too bright on electrical knowledge. (No pun intended...)

I might give them shot. I found a 12k lumen set on ebay as well from the same seller I got my current 9k kit from. There's different styles as well I would be curious about. My current kit has 2 led diodes 180 degrees so I have them at a 9 o clock and 3 o clock position. I trialed a lower output set that had 4 diodes all 90 degrees from each other and they were awful despite filling the projector more fully.

Maybe stick to what I know works

I think output would still be manageable in a projector. What worries me is spacing in the housing with the dust covers. These probably have some fair sized fans on them.

Electroflier said the BPS ones fit no problem. Mine came in but my whole family is sick so I haven't had a chance to put them in - it's killing me!

Ok, I'd really like to try these out. However, my dealer did the "upgrade" of different bulbs and turned up the voltage which did little good for my shit headlights. Will this have any affect on these? Sorry for not being too bright on electrical knowledge. (No pun intended...)

I had the PIT done as well. Shouldn't be an issue. Most LEDs are rated 12v to 24v.

Update: just checked the box, it says 12 to 24v

Edited by Sierra Jon

Thanks! I REALLY hope this works. I'm so sick of my suck ass headlights! Also, I'd like to get matching LED bulbs for my driving lights too. What size do I need for those? Thank you!

• Like 1