Halogen & LED Headlight Bulb Upgrades

My lights from XenonDepot shipped yesterday. I have had the GMC BCM update and while the lights are better, they still aren't very good. If these LED's are twice as bright (per the earlier reports), I'll call it good for $100. Plus they will match my Rigid fogs. I'll report my findings after I install.

My lights from XenonDepot shipped yesterday. I have had the GMC BCM update and while the lights are better, they still aren't very good. If these LED's are twice as bright (per the earlier reports), I'll call it good for $100. Plus they will match my Rigid fogs. I'll report my findings after I install.

Mine shipped too. Will be here tomorrow for my Labor Day truck projects:

1, Install Xenon Depot LED headlight and fog light bulbs

2. Install Pop-n-lock tailgate remote lock

3. Install clear film nose mask

4. Install sunroof visor

Wow, I'm going to be busy!

Mine shipped also. I hear people say put them in at the 3&9 position. How do you adjust them to do that?

It isn't adjusting them. it is just how to install them. On the oem bulbs the there are tabs at 3 6 and 9 position and the bottom one is the fat one. one the xenon depot the bottom one is the smallest( if i remember correctly, or they are all the same size.) either way you just have to put the tabs from the xenon depot lights at 3 6 and 9 position as well. and once you twist to lock it in to the right the position of the entire light assembly will be in the 3 and 9 position

I went with these from Amazon. It was a VERY tough choice. But all the reviews were universally five stars and perfect except one who gave it one star and just said it didn't fit.

Went back-and-forth between other more expensive name brands but ultimately chose these for one big main reason. I like the fact that there was three LED's giving a 360° light versus two. Ill update how they workout but I have very high hopes. I also like the fact that the fan is internal and runs off OEM harness and does not require a separate wire to be run to the battery to power it.

They are arriving day after tomorrow, Saturday and will be installed shortly thereafter and I will try to take some pics of them on at night. If not at a minimum, I will post a review.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WUG1A8I?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Edited by Plumber101010

I went with these from Amazon. It was a VERY tough choice. But all the reviews were universally five stars and perfect except one who gave it one star and just said it didn't fit.

Went back-and-forth between other more expensive name brands but ultimately chose these for one big main reason. I like the fact that there was three LED's giving a 360° light versus two. Ill update how they workout but I have very high hopes. I also like the fact that the fan is internal and runs off OEM harness and does not require a separate wire to be run to the battery to power it.

They are arriving day after tomorrow, Saturday and will be installed shortly thereafter and I will try to take some pics of them on at night. If not at a minimum, I will post a review.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WUG1A8I?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Starnill LED Headlight Conversion Kit 40w per bulb, 3600 lumens each (mfr. rating)

I ordered some of these, right after you posted this. Mostly because I was so pissed that it was taking so long to get the ones from XenonDepot. The reviews did look good, and they were $30 cheaper. If they worked out, I'd just return the others to XD.

They arrived this morning, and I installed them right away. Here are my impressions.

1. Build quality. They are as good as anything you'll get out of China. Seem well built. IP66 rated ballast. Large LED's on 3 sides instead of 2.

2. Sizing. These are 9005 NOT 9012. Requires a very small notch to be cut to make them fit. took 10 seconds per light. No big deal.

3. Installation. OOPS! They are wired backwards. The + and - are reversed on the plug. They engage fine when you reverse the plug, but the clip doesn't latch. I used a piece of aluminum tape to hold them together temporarily. If I decide to keep them, I will cut / solder the connector for a permanent fix. All the wires and ballast tuck into the housing just fine. Just be sure to insert the ballast before you install the bulb, otherwise it won't fit.

3. Performance. It's still daylight, but MAN these things are bright! Color seems very white. I can't tell if it's a little blue or not. I'll have to wait until the sun goes down. It says 6000k on the bulb, but It probably more like 5500. They make the stock Voltic bulbs look like they have a yellow filter on them. The heatsink and ballast get HOT HOT HOT! I didn't put my temp gun on them, but i'd say 200+ degrees. Fans are LOUD. When they are both on with the engine off, it almost sounds like the primary cooling fan is on. That's not cool (pun intended). With the engine running on, you can't hear them at all, though. I'm a little worried about melting / heat damage.

I like how they "snap" on when you turn them on, like HID's. The cutoff line seems very sharp, too. I've attached a couple pics in the light. I'll get some more tonight.

I'll update this review after I've had them on for a few days. And if the XD lights ever arrive, I'll do a comparison.

Here are a couple pics:

DSC 0155 (Large)

DSC 0153 (Large)

DSC 0152 (Large)

DSC 0149 (Large)

Edited by 2Speed

I am a little confused because I am no guru here. I'm getting ready to install them now and of course mine are 9005 so I didn't understand the reference between the 9012?

Edited by Plumber101010

Upon opening the box and reading through the manual here are some concerns I have immediately. The manual doesn't have a company name, address or phone number absolutely anywhere, anywhere. There is a warranty card and it just says fill in your name and number but hysterically, there's no place on the warranty card that shows a company name, address or phone number or what to do with this warranty card once you fill it out!

The boxing is top notch. Encased in foam and very well presented. The owners manual is top notch with photographs. This is not a cheap product for sure andd the packaging itself is very professional and was well thought out and very protective. Still, no information about this company whatsoever.

Manual shows that a power wire has to be run to the battery and as far as I can tell that is just simply incorrect and a misprint in the manual. The fan is powered by the OEM harness and no additional wiring is needed. I am assuming maybe these lights have been updated and the manual has not. There is not even an extra wire coming off of these anywhere to run such a wire.

Edited by Plumber101010

OK my pos and neg were reversed to but I had no problems just turning it around and pushing it in. Just the little lug nut that holds it together is useless. Some black tape to hold it together and I'm good. However, I have to tell you this, but you may have a bad fan. All my fans are whisper quiet thus far (9005) high beams

Maybe because I am actually a 9005 and you are a 9012 and trying to use the 9005?

Edited by Plumber101010

So I tried plugging the H11's in normally and it blew something. Now I have no power going to my low beams. Put the stock bulbs back in and still nothing.

Fuses are good so I'm assuming there is a relay that shutdown and I'm crossing my fingers that everything will come back into normal. Evidently the H 11's are reversed also and unlike the 9005 that when I plugged them in the correct way nothing bad happened. So I reversed the plug.

But plugging in the H 11's the right way did cause issues and a short somewhere. Be careful. just plug them in the opposite way from the get-go and you shouldn't have any problems.

I have already written the manufacture a letter letting them know they have a defect.

Edited by Plumber101010