Halogen & LED Headlight Bulb Upgrades

f984fe0079148e566c330c7a2c6c2d5c.jpg

High beamse655a9e8bbb34bd882864c1d0c782695.jpg

Led with led fogsdbf8c828c16a7371964fe98dde6cdc04.jpg

Just head lights

Here of some showing the road I am just parked but I think it gives you an idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

They look great man! Those are the same ones I ordered correct? From xenondepot? How was the install? Any issues? Does the dustcap fit back on ok? I received mine but won't get around to the install until later this week.

Josh

They look great man! Those are the same ones I ordered correct? From xenondepot? How was the install? Any issues? Does the dustcap fit back on ok? I received mine but won't get around to the install until later this week.

Josh

Thanks. Yea I think they look pretty good too. Yes they are the xenon depot 9012 led headlight kit. The install is as easy as changing the bulb, spreading out the heat mesh and tucking the extra wire into the headlight housing. The only issue is that the bottom tab on the led fixture is smaller then the other 2, while one this stock bulb the bottom tab is larger then the other 2 tabs so you just have to make sure it is lined up properly for a proper fit of course (which is not really an issue). The dust cap goes back on easily as it should, just tuck everything back in there good and it is no problem. Some people have a different opinion on these ( in the 9012 led bulb??? forum, which ws just started) But in my honest opinion they are exactly what I was looking for. An incredibly easy install, something that will be reliable, something that is is relatively inexpensive as i know hid bulbs are 100$, gives great color it makes it look like it should when you buy a 50k$ truck. They are legitimalnly 3x brighter then stock. If you want some of these things then you will love them just like I do. As Spurshot mentioned I will try to get some pictures of just headlights at 50 feet on a wall.

Hope this helps some other people and I'm looking forward to what you think Josh!

• Like 1

Thanks. Yea I think they look pretty good too. Yes they are the xenon depot 9012 led headlight kit. The install is as easy as changing the bulb, spreading out the heat mesh and tucking the extra wire into the headlight housing. The only issue is that the bottom tab on the led fixture is smaller then the other 2, while one this stock bulb the bottom tab is larger then the other 2 tabs so you just have to make sure it is lined up properly for a proper fit of course (which is not really an issue). The dust cap goes back on easily as it should, just tuck everything back in there good and it is no problem. Some people have a different opinion on these ( in the 9012 led bulb??? forum, which ws just started) But in my honest opinion they are exactly what I was looking for. An incredibly easy install, something that will be reliable, something that is is relatively inexpensive as i know hid bulbs are 100$, gives great color it makes it look like it should when you buy a 50k$ truck. They are legitimalnly 3x brighter then stock. If you want some of these things then you will love them just like I do. As Spurshot mentioned I will try to get some pictures of just headlights at 50 feet on a wall.

Hope this helps some other people and I'm looking forward to what you think Josh!

Awesome! Thanks man. I should have time to put them in tomorrow afternoon and I'm excited. I'll post pics also.

Josh

I can't really tell from the picture but do these have any blueish hint to them? Xenondepot's website says that they are 6000K color which in most cases has a blueish tint to them. I'm wanting more of a white light that matches the DRL's and also trying to decide which fog lights would most closely match these headlights? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Well, I got them installed and honestly I'm really disappointed. They actually appear dimmer than the stock lights to me. I drove around for awhile and was then definitely convinced that I'm not keeping them in. While I certainly like the color of them, I can't comfortably stick with the brightness. I'm going to take them out and see about returning them. If that doesn't work, I'll be trying to sell them on my own.

I'm starting to think it all comes down to the projector, not the bulbs. I bet these would work great in a better projector.

Josh

Edited by Jlm02a3094

Damn thats to bad. Of course there is going to be no beating a quality HID kit. But as i said before I wasn't quite looking for the full blown the best light kit out there, but they do the job for me. Just one of those to each their own type of deal.

Jp1170: yes they do have a little bit of a blue hit to them but not much. It makes my led bar in my sierra look pure white now. If this helps any after reading the last post haha

I just put these in my truck and I loving how bright they are. For $120 they are worth every cent. The install was simple becuase these are truely plug and play. Check them out.

http://www.xenondepot.com/9012-LED-headlight-kit-p/9012-led-hl.htm

If you need assistance there customer service is excellent.

I just put these in my truck and I loving how bright they are. For $120 they are worth every cent. The install was simple becuase these are truely plug and play. Check them out.

http://www.xenondepot.com/9012-LED-headlight-kit-p/9012-led-hl.htm

If you need assistance there customer service is excellent.

This is the exact kit I put in. I'm happy they work well for you (and others also) but they were significantly dimmer than stock lights for me. I put them in yesterday, and they're coming out today.

Josh

This is the exact kit I put in. I'm happy they work well for you (and others also) but they were significantly dimmer than stock lights for me. I put them in yesterday, and they're coming out today.

Josh

Do you have any pictures? Maybe just to compare if something is going on with yours or if it is just personal opinion.

3f8498bd5ab7add9dc3457e2d158f7ce.jpg

Here is a picture I took of the led headlight kit this morning right before sunrise so it is not completely dark. It is right at 45 feet projected on brick wall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Do you have any pictures? Maybe just to compare if something is going on with yours or if it is just personal opinion.

I don't have pictures no. I'm heading over to the garage around 4 (EST) so I'll see if something isn't right. I am going to make sure it's seated properly and at the 3/9 position before taking them out. The customer service from xenondepot has been amazing so far.

Josh

Well, I got them installed and honestly I'm really disappointed. They actually appear dimmer than the stock lights to me. I drove around for awhile and was then definitely convinced that I'm not keeping them in. While I certainly like the color of them, I can't comfortably stick with the brightness. I'm going to take them out and see about returning them. If that doesn't work, I'll be trying to sell them on my own.

I'm starting to think it all comes down to the projector, not the bulbs. I bet these would work great in a better projector.

Josh

A huge part is the projector. You can have the best lights and a terrible projector, the light will only be able to perform as well as the projector allows. Kinda like a chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

I've used halogen, LED, and HID all in the stock projector and have compared the exact same LED bulb in an FXR and a HID made for the FXR, both far outperformed the similar test in Stock projector