GM "Customer Care"?

First off let me make it 100% clear this is not intended as a shot at GM, nor Jonathan or Jennifer. But I am wondering, has anyone had contact with these people and were they able to contribute to a successful resolution of the issue(s) at hand?

As I have stated many times, I am getting horrendous gas mileage at 3000 plus miles, 13.9 MPG since mile 10) and twice they have offered to "help" and I've ignored them. Should I give them a shot, or will I be wasting my time?

I'm the guy who when I complained to the dealer was told "well these trucks are heavy!"? I did a comparison, my truck weighs app. 300lbs more than a Volkswagen Jetta. So I'm kinda skeptical it's that. I'm not even close to the stickered MPGs......

thoughts?

I needed help locating the part number for the Rear Seat Comfort Guide which is in the user's guide. The parts guy at my dealer could not find it, so I sent a PM to Jennifer. A few days later, she responded with the part number. I ordered them through my dealer's parts guy and got them last week. I've read other threads where they helped with issues. Give them a try. What can it hurt? My parts guy welcomed the help.

300 lbs?? I think your truck probably weighs about 3000 more than a Jetta. I have pushed a Jetta, I would know. :)

As far as your mileage a lot is dependent on the conditions. My 2006 can get 18 mpg. My last tank was 11 mpg due to how it was driven.

my truck's GVW, from the build-sheet, is 3,269lbs. I do admit this seems low, but I'm looking right at it: "Gross Vehicle weight": 3,269 lbs.

here is a link to the 2014 Jetta's weight: http://cars.findthebest.com/q/4425/3256/What-is-the-weight-of-a-2014-Volkswagen-Jetta-TDI-with-Prem-and-Nav

am I missing something?

First off let me make it 100% clear this is not intended as a shot at GM, nor Jonathan or Jennifer. But I am wondering, has anyone had contact with these people and were they able to contribute to a successful resolution of the issue(s) at hand?

As I have stated many times, I am getting horrendous gas mileage at 3000 plus miles, 13.9 MPG since mile 10) and twice they have offered to "help" and I've ignored them. Should I give them a shot, or will I be wasting my time?

I'm the guy who when I complained to the dealer was told "well these trucks are heavy!"? I did a comparison, my truck weighs app. 300lbs more than a Volkswagen Jetta. So I'm kinda skeptical it's that. I'm not even close to the stickered MPGs......

thoughts?

Hi dagwood,

I apologize that your dealership wasn't able to address your concerns. We are happy to help if this is something you would like us to look into for you. Feel free to reach out via PM including your name, contact information, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership.

We look forward to your reply,

Jonathan A. (Assisting Jennifer)

GM Customer Care

thoughts?

14-16 average should be expected depending on your mix of city and highway. The sticker doesn't acount for take offs, incline or declines. Alot has to do with your driving style. With a 14 city and 20 highway if you did 1/2 city and rest high way it would land you at 17 average.

my truck's GVW, from the build-sheet, is 3,269lbs. I do admit this seems low, but I'm looking right at it: "Gross Vehicle weight": 3,269 lbs.

here is a link to the 2014 Jetta's weight: http://cars.findthebest.com/q/4425/3256/What-is-the-weight-of-a-2014-Volkswagen-Jetta-TDI-with-Prem-and-Nav

am I missing something?

That GVWR is in kilograms, not pounds!! According to GM's website, the GVWR of a 4x4 crew cab is upto 3266kg, or 7200lbs. The actual curb weight is between 2330kg - 2460kg, or 5140lbs - 5224lbs (all depending on short/long box, and regular or HD axle).

GVWR appears to be roughly the curb weight plus the max payload for each truck (not exact, but close). I also thought GVWR assumed the weight of a passenger occupying each seat in the vehicle? (not 100% sure though).

Anyway, curb weight is the actual weight of the truck. So as you can see, over 5000lbs! A typical car is around ~3000lbs +/- a few.

I'm at almost 5k miles with my truck. I'm getting about 19 mpg with about 50/50 mixed city and highway. My foot is not heavy on the gas and I get to stay on V4 mode as long as there is not much incline. That's with remote starts almost every morning for about 10 min

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell...everywhere I go I'm at 15-16 mpg... All highway roughly 17-18 if I constantly watch my gauges and make sure i let off the gas to allow afm to kick in.... Mind you.. I have 2" leveling, 275/65/18 mud terrains and custom wheels.. After lift and tires I noticed its rare my truck runs in 4 banger mode.. But when it does... I feel as if I'm in a Prius :)

Archived