has anyone tried 285/65/20s under a leveled 2014 yet?

OUSux

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will try to get more photos this weekend. No rubbing on anything thanks to 4 zip ties. The valence was off before the tires so not sure on that. Bfg discontinued white letters on the 285/65/20 ko2 this year so i snagged the last few i could find on the Internet.

Arallen38, 285/65/R20 is about 34.6" tire, are you sure there is no rubbing? I also have a 2.25" level and it seems like these will rub on the sway bar or on the inner molding?

My KO2s are 285/65/20 and they rubbed slightly on the wheel well liners. Pulling them back and ziptying them in place resolved that little problem.

RC 2.5" leveling kit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is litte late but for future readers, 2inch level will not work! Regadless what you read. I have 285/65r20 bfg ko2s and 3.5inch lift front and back and the just pass the mudflap maybe 3 mm if that. You need a 4 inch or more to safe with no trimming. I havnt trimmed yet but if your off road you will have to. Its closest at 3/4 cranked. Then full crank you gain more room again. I wass dieing for a week straight wondering if these would fit so hears your guys answers! Cheers!

• 3 months later...

2" Level w zip tie-ing the felt fender wall on factory wheels

Tallest: 285/65/r20

Widest: 305/55r20

correct?

No, I got 295/65/r20's to fit, no rub, ziptied fenders, although tires may run bigger in Canada :dunno: .

20170407_123901_zpsix1r8jsw.jpg20170407_123911_zpsrv2foveq.jpg

This is litte late but for future readers, 2inch level will not work! Regadless what you read. I have 285/65r20 bfg ko2s and 3.5inch lift front and back and the just pass the mudflap maybe 3 mm if that. You need a 4 inch or more to safe with no trimming. I havnt trimmed yet but if your off road you will have to. Its closest at 3/4 cranked. Then full crank you gain more room again. I wass dieing for a week straight wondering if these would fit so hears your guys answers! Cheers!

FALSE!

It works fine on my truck with 2" level up front.

Your problem is because you're not running stock wheels. Stock wheels and 285/65r20 wheels work fine with pulling fender back.

See how much room I have!

7pcMxlz.jpg

UvKVJvV.jpg

• 7 months later...

I have stock 20in wheels and a level in the front. I sprung for some 275/65/R20 last night. Slight rub when full lock. I am putting on some zip ties today.

To save others like me from needing to scour through different forums for answers, I will take photos of the whole process today and post. I will also put one tire up on the curb and take photos of how close the tires get. 

It is my first time doing this, but all my other first time projects have pretty well! 

Archived