has anyone tried 285/65/20s under a leveled 2014 yet?

OUSux

I was getting ready to buy a set of 275/65/20s for my '14 Sierra today and the manager of the tire shop asked if I had considered the 285/65/20 made by BFG that's .5 inch taller than the 275. (275 is 34", the 285 is 34.5" tall) Has anyone tried this 285 under a 2.5" leveled 2014 yet?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you doing this on stock wheels? If not what is your offset?

You will probably experience a little rubbing.

Also think about adding a 1.5 body lift if it doesn't work. I have a 2.5" plus 1.5" body on 305/55r20 but I'm running a -12 offset. the offset will cause rubbing.

I was getting ready to buy a set of 275/65/20s for my '14 Sierra today and the manager of the tire shop asked if I had considered the 285/65/20 made by BFG that's .5 inch taller than the 275. (275 is 34", the 285 is 34.5" tall) Has anyone tried this 285 under a 2.5" leveled 2014 yet?

Do a test fit. I suspect you will have significant rubbing in the back of the wheel well at full lock because you are looking at the next size up from mine, and mine just barely rub at full lock.

Are you doing this on stock wheels? If not what is your offset?

You will probably experience a little rubbing.

Also think about adding a 1.5 body lift if it doesn't work. I have a 2.5" plus 1.5" body on 305/55r20 but I'm running a -12 offset. the offset will cause rubbing.

Stock wheels, here is a pic, 2.5" leveling kit by Rough Country

2lucqx5.jpg

• 1 year later...

I have the terra grappler g2's 285/55r20. I want a little taller but don't want any rubbing.. I have a 2 inch spacer and a .5 spacer on the front. What tire size could I go with? Also is a Rc 2.5in leveling kit any different from what I have now?

I have the terra grappler g2's 285/55r20. I want a little taller but don't want any rubbing.. I have a 2 inch spacer and a .5 spacer on the front. What tire size could I go with? Also is a Rc 2.5in leveling kit any different from what I have now?

285/60/20

285/65/20 is a huge tire, I don't think you will pull that off without a lift, it is going to rub like crazy, you can do it on a HD 2500 but even on that they are super tight.

If I run a 285/60r20 is their a fuel programmer that will help with gas efficiency?

Also, I'm debating between the terra grappler g2 or the toyo open country AT

Removing the lower valance, leveling, and installing bigger tires is going to kill mileage and power, you can have good looks or good mileage but not both, I will take the good looks...

• 1 month later...

Fits with minor scrubbing. Zip ties fixed it no problem. 2.25 readylift. 2015 sierra. 285/65/20 bfg ko2s

That's a very nice looking truck! Simple, but it changes the whole look and stance. Very nicely done.

Fits with minor scrubbing. Zip ties fixed it no problem. 2.25 readylift. 2015 sierra. 285/65/20 bfg ko2s

Sweet, I've been waiting for someone to try these tires. Truck looks great. Please post any more pictures you might have, front, rear, whatever.

dude post many more pics and angles and details. this is the THE tire I want. rubbing on UCA? before lower valance removal? thanks, how much for the tire$$? thanks

I will try to get more photos this weekend. No rubbing on anything thanks to 4 zip ties. The valence was off before the tires so not sure on that. Bfg discontinued white letters on the 285/65/20 ko2 this year so i snagged the last few i could find on the Internet.

Archived