Tungsten Metallic paint fans

• 2 weeks later...

they are the same exact paint code. it has a purplish base. depending on the painting it can go from purple to grey hues. I ran into that with my leer cover. they painted it with the more grey base and it didnt match my truck which is more of a purple base.

Same exact problem here. Leer must not have it quite figured out right.

Same exact problem here. Leer must not have it quite figured out right.

I refused to accept it and sent it back to leer with my tailgate panel to be repainted. I expect it to be in this week. If not right the second time not sure what I will do.

it was waaaaaay off though. not even close

I refused to accept it and sent it back to leer with my tailgate panel to be repainted. I expect it to be in this week. If not right the second time not sure what I will do.

it was waaaaaay off though. not even close

ya it never made it on the truck and the place I bought it from sent it to a place in town to be repainted with someone elses iridium gas cap haha. Got it back on and matches a lot better now that leer didn't paint it, a tad off but not anymore than a person would expect it to being aftermarket paint

ya it never made it on the truck and the place I bought it from sent it to a place in town to be repainted with someone elses iridium gas cap haha. Got it back on and matches a lot better now that leer didn't paint it, a tad off but not anymore than a person would expect it to being aftermarket paint

leer offered to paint it or have a local guy paint it with a max $300 payout for me. I figured id let them do it again vs a local painter, I wasnt going to pay for the cover until it was right or pay any more if it went over the $300 mark. I pick it up tomorrow, we shall see.

guy says it matches the tailgate panel so hopefully its right

I got mine a couple weeks ago. Traded in my '13 LT for a '14 Tungsten Metallic LTZ Z71 on factory chrome 22's... Love this truck!

tungstendriveway.jpg

• Like 6