Tungsten Metallic paint fans

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

what's up fellas! didn't know this thread existed or i'd have posted a while back.

Here's my 14 gmc iridium metallic double cab, it was in the shop getting the bumpers color matched and a few of the trim pieces painted. The color looks a little bit darker to me but a few people I've asked said they can't notice a difference. Curious to know what you guys think.

tGMQ3JJ.jpg

336aNi4.jpg

bQFNCbM.jpg

one thing that the painter pointed out is that the piece directly above the bumper is a different shade than the entire rest of the car. I never noticed it before but looking at it now it's definitely off... which is only making the whole "is the new paint off or not" dilemma even more confusing

thanks guys

• Like 2

what's up fellas! didn't know this thread existed or i'd have posted a while back.

Here's my 14 gmc iridium metallic double cab, it was in the shop getting the bumpers color matched and a few of the trim pieces painted. The color looks a little bit darker to me but a few people I've asked said they can't notice a difference. Curious to know what you guys think.

tGMQ3JJ.jpg

336aNi4.jpg

bQFNCbM.jpg

one thing that the painter pointed out is that the piece directly above the bumper is a different shade than the entire rest of the car. I never noticed it before but looking at it now it's definitely off... which is only making the whole "is the new paint off or not" dilemma even more confusing

thanks guys

Looks great. Can't tell it from the pics. I want to "black out" my chrome or color match the front and rear bumper on my 14 Tungsten Silverado. I've been looking at bed liner for the bumpers also.

Looks great. Can't tell it from the pics. I want to "black out" my chrome or color match the front and rear bumper on my 14 Tungsten Silverado. I've been looking at bed liner for the bumpers also.

thanks for the feedback! yeah the chrome was on my list to do something with ever since I bought the truck, never thought of bed liner but that would sure make for a tough bumper that you'll never have to worry about getting chipped!

On to more iridium stuff, I really want to get around to getting my headlights both retro-fitted and color matched also on the inside. leaning towards black in the middle with iridium/tungsten on the top and bottom. Only thing holding me back is getting my old car up and running because the headlight process takes about 2 weeks. hate to be without my truck for that long.

Edited by CaliIridium14