Silver Ice Metallic paint fans

My 2015 Sierra is called "Quicksilver Metallic". Is that the same color as Silver Ice? Looking to get touch up paint and I wanted to check first. Thanks.

Easiest way is to check the paint code in your upper glove box. My 2016 silver is paint code 636R. I had to go get a Duplicolor touch-up paint gizmo so I had my paint code handy. I don't know what the 2015 silver color code is but you can check.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Silver Ice Metallic and Quicksilver Metallic are the exact same thing. They just used different names for the Chevy and GMC models. I've never understood why there needs to be two "makers" like this. They are the exact same trucks, other than little things, such as certain accessories. The grilles are different, the light illumination colors on the dash consoles are different (blue in Chevy, red in GMC), etc.

Hope it's the same...or I guess I'm in the wrong thread! :)

Ha! If your truck is silver, then you are absolutely in the right thread - welcome! It would be fun to have people disclose why they picked Chevy, or why they picked GMC. Personally, if I was going to be hauling or towing things on a regular basis, I probably would have picked the GMC. I picked the Chevy, because the drive and ride, was the closest thing to what the old Caddy, Buick, and Lincoln boat-sized sedan cars used to be.

Test-drove the F150 - did not like it at all. Shocks/suspension was too rigid and the interior was too plastic-looking and frankly, ugly. Ditto for the Dodge Ram - not my thing. I did not even consider Nissan or Toyota. In addition, the cloth seats in the Silverado were easily the softest. Hell, the leather seats in the F150 were like concrete, terrible. In the end, I went with the LT, and have been adding/upgrading multiple things, which is cheaper in the long run, than buying the LTZ up front. Waiting for my Rally 1 grille to come in, and then will look into the perforated leather seats, next.

• Like 1

Honestly, I chose the GMC because I like the styling better and my buddy works at the local GMC dealership.

I think the ride is as Cadillac as any Chevy. These trucks are essentially identical underneath, so it probably is simply a styling thing.

I only asked for full tow package and silver (love silver - always looks good). I ended up with an SLE Z71 with quite a few bells and whistles. Coworker has a LS Chevy with minimal equipment and it is just as nice in my opinion.

Post pics when grille is installed!

• Like 1

The main reason I got the GMC is because of the deal I got on it. The incentives were better than the Chevy and since it was a demo they knocked a few more thousand off. The carbon fiber decals and black grille on the silver paint really stood out to me as well.

• Like 1

Honestly, I chose the GMC because I like the styling better and my buddy works at the local GMC dealership.

I think the ride is as Cadillac as any Chevy. These trucks are essentially identical underneath, so it probably is simply a styling thing.

I only asked for full tow package and silver (love silver - always looks good). I ended up with an SLE Z71 with quite a few bells and whistles. Coworker has a LS Chevy with minimal equipment and it is just as nice in my opinion.

Post pics when grille is installed!

Will do, should be early next week, I think. It doesn't surprise me that the GMC and Chevy ride the same, they really are the same truck. Mine is not Z71, just straight-up 4x4. Not sure if the shocks/suspensions are that different? Mine is soft and springy as hell - when I go over a railroad track, hold on tight, because it goes up and down real high and low, as if in a boat. I like it that way, but we all have different tastes. Mine is the LT, with the Texas Edition package (called All-Star up here), which means it came with everything except cooled seats, the center extended console, and leather. I can add the cooled seats and leather at any time, but I'm glad I don't have the extended center console - my wife likes to put her purse on the floor there, and the extra underneath locked storage makes a great gun safe, lol.

• Like 1

The main reason I got the GMC is because of the deal I got on it. The incentives were better than the Chevy and since it was a demo they knocked a few more thousand off. The carbon fiber decals and black grille on the silver paint really stood out to me as well.

Same reason for me and the Chevy. I bought it on new year's eve, which meant, not only the last day of the month, but last day of the year. The rebates I got were insane good, trade-in on my '07 Hyundai Sonata was good, etc. Plus, the Chevy dealership is directly across the street from the train station and I work in the Loop, downtown Chicago (yes, it's a sh*thole), it sucks. But, whenever I need stuff done on the truck, I can just walk across the street, still get to work.

• Like 1

2014 CC SLE All Terrain Sierra. Just purchased a month ago. Has G2 Bakflip, running boards, towing package, bed liner and tinted windows. Love it so far and look to put some new tires on once these wear out. Choose the GMC due to the styling, CC proportions vs competitors, and overall options for price. Opened. GM products before with no regrets but was not a fan of the prior generation styling and interiors. Happy with the purchase!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk