Silver Ice Metallic paint fans

• 2 weeks later...

2" RC lift with 275/60r20 toyo open country at 2's.

Couldn't resist replacing the grille after seeing a couple of example on these forums.

Just wished it had come with the front license plate cover instead of two drilled holes in the center plastic plate.

post-138909-0-86139900-1422938487_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

U47BktA.jpgcxMgD8D.jpg

Best pics I have right now as it is -5 outside. 2015 silverado just got last week.

I got it tinted, 2 inch level kit, window deflectors, spray in liner, removed the stickers from the side of the box as the red clashed. Blacking out the emblems right now.

things to come:

1. tonneau cover is on the way

2. black bed rails on the way

3. black assisted steps as im short and the jump out is fun

4. black out the silverado emblems on the doors and maybe the trim

5. grille, I want the color match with black inserts, either buy it or paint myself. haven't decided which route I want to go yet.

6. Exhaust, I really want borla, but $1000 is steep right now. Thinking maybe just the muffler if I can find a part number for the muffler and not the whole cat back system. My exhaust guy said he has a good knock off that people like but I'm affraid of drone, so i'm thinking borla muffler with stock pipes.

not sure what else yet, but I wanted to get this up to show love for the silver!

• Like 3

Thought I'd throw another one into the mix since I've recently joined the SIM Club. Here's my Silverado 5.3L LT. Had it less than two weeks. I LOVE the paint scheme ... I think the SIM looks great with the color matched grill surround and black bits from the rally option. (I axed the stripes)

060174cae4e810cb1ff9874eb98bc684.jpg

BUT ... has anyone else noticed a blotchy appearance in certain lighting conditions? I first noticed almost a tiger stripe effect along the top of the bed in my garage. And then I started looking real hard in the sun ... the hood almost looks faded the blotchyness is so bad! It's on the roof as well.

9fcd9a68398ad3ae1c504cbc33f287db.jpg

I'm really not sure what to do. I took it by the dealer and the service mgr said it looks fine to him. Anyone else notice this?

Did you do the grille yourself or order the GM one?

And I also notice the blotchy paint on mine in certain conditions. not sure if its the silver metallic and reflections or what it is. of course my dealer says its normal.

Did you do the grille yourself or order the GM one?

And I also notice the blotchy paint on mine in certain conditions. not sure if its the silver metallic and reflections or what it is. of course my dealer says its normal.

No, the painted grill surround and black insert are part of the Rally 1 option.

I wouldn't call the blotchy paint "normal" but it's not uncommon either. Its most evident with lighter metallics and I t's caused by an irregular spray pattern - as if the metallic flakes are angled in different directions (thereby reflecting light differently, giving a blotchy look). That's why it's only noticeable in certain lighting conditions. In my case, the blotchy hood is most noticeable (extremely noticeable actually) with direct sun and a clear sky. While looking at the hood with the sun at my back, the blotchiness is so bad, it takes on almost a "faded" appearance.

I can have it repainted under warranty but I've decided to just live with it. As long as I park strategically, I don't see it and I don't have to think about it. lol

Does anyone have a pic of a silver sierra with the "4x4" decal on the bed? I've seen a few with the Z71 decal, but none with 4x4.

They are dealer installed, maybe your dealer can show you a sample.

I just want it to warm up so I can wash my stinkin truck and enjoy the beautiful silver paint job. The hose in my garage spigot has been frozen for 3 weeks...and yes I disconnected it.

Same here. High of 1 tomorrow. I'd love to wash and shine my silver beauty