power locking tailgate

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was anyone else suprised that their tailgate doesn't have a power lock on it? I thought a truck in this price range would have power locks all the way around.

I agree. Was a little surprised it didn't have that feature.

Power locking tailgate??? You've got to be kidding me. Where is this world going to? :sigh:

Would you care to elaborate on your remark? My reasoning for a power lock tailgate is so it wont get stolen which happens quite a lot in these parts. A power locker would prevent me from having to double check that my gate is locked. So before you show people your discontent of other peoples request, please do us all a favor and think of the reason why someone might want such a feature before airing your superiority or better yet, ASK!

I think power locking gate is gimmicky as well, I don't care that I don't have it. I just walk back to the gate and lock it by hand then unlock when I need to open it and lock it after I am done.

All power locking gate will do is add one more locking solenoid to die on you down the road as it will be cycling each time you lock/unlock the truck.

I think it would be nice when you leave the truck in a parking lot and lock the doors with the key fob for it to lock the tailgate as well.....beats having to double check and make sure you locked it.

Would you care to elaborate on your remark? My reasoning for a power lock tailgate is so it wont get stolen which happens quite a lot in these parts. A power locker would prevent me from having to double check that my gate is locked. So before you show people your discontent of other peoples request, please do us all a favor and think of the reason why someone might want such a feature before airing your superiority or better yet, ASK!

^^^^ This

For those of us who have locking covers on their truck and sometimes store things in the bed we rather not get stolen, it is something that would come in handy, so when you use the keyfob to lock the truck, you know it is locked.

Plus, why wouldn't they put it on there, Ford has them for sure, not sure about Dodge. If I am dropping near 50k for a truck, I think they should take the time to put a stupid solenoid in the tailgate, if it broke it would be super easy to repair.

I think it would be nice when you leave the truck in a parking lot and lock the doors with the key fob for it to lock the tailgate as well.....beats having to double check and make sure you locked it.

I get what you are saying but then you might as well not get auto locking doors since it is so easy to just walk around and lock all the doors.

The Avalanches have the power locking tailgate so why can't the truck? I agree that you pay $40K+ for a truck and you get a manual locking tailgate. It would be nice and if the solenoid goes bad, it can't be that hard to replace in the tailgate.

I have the locking tailgate and leave my locked most of the time but it would be nice for it to lock when I lock the truck just in case I forgot.

Archived