2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

i like the stock set up, it keeps your truck stealthy and quiet, only mod i did was pull the flapper out and weld in a replacement pipe.  the stock exhaust is necked down to bump up the torque output for improved off the line grunt.  loosing torque to gain horsepower seems like the equivalent of loosing muscle mass in order to improve your yoga stretching skills. i'll pass.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a Flowmaster Series 50 Delta Flow installed yesterday. Just a direct replacement of the stock muffler and removed flapper. Sounds exactly like I was shooting for, still muted and not at all obnoxious, but can now actually tell it is a V8! I didn't want much noise inside at all and it is great, you can hear it but it's not intrusive. No drone at all, except of course when V4 activates and then it sounds terrible but that is going away as soon as my Range AFM disabler gets here. I was a little worried that the 50 Series Delta Flow would be so quiet that you could hardly tell the difference from stock, but that's not the case at all. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm running a black widow race venom 2.5 i/o in place of the stock muffler. Flapper removed as well as resonator.  With the resonator on it sounded stock still. Once off you could tell the difference. No drone at all (afm is disabled so can't speak for v4 mode). Its not loud inside while idling or cruising but it screams at wot. I don't like stupid loud and like to hear people talking to me from the backseat. I was worried this was going to be too loud as I have always ran their 250 series prior. CAI didn't do much but make the note a little deeper. I think the 250 series has a deeper tone than this and may go back to it once I install long tube headers.

• Like 1

Just got a 40 series put on yesterday, 3.5" tips. Love the sound. Not obnoxiously loud cruising through the neighborhood but loud when you get on the throttle. Love the low rumble. V4 drone is there but way overblown.. will tune that AFM out soon.

20200705_005341.jpg

I'm running a black widow race venom 2.5 i/o in place of the stock muffler. Flapper removed as well as resonator.  With the resonator on it sounded stock still. Once off you could tell the difference. No drone at all (afm is disabled so can't speak for v4 mode). Its not loud inside while idling or cruising but it screams at wot. I don't like stupid loud and like to hear people talking to me from the backseat. I was worried this was going to be too loud as I have always ran their 250 series prior. CAI didn't do much but make the note a little deeper. I think the 250 series has a deeper tone than this and may go back to it once I install long tube headers.
5.3 or 6.2?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

On 7/2/2020 at 12:28 PM, mitchely03 said:

Side exit. Gibson MWA Muffler. AFE ypipe

703AEF75-6D1C-4732-AFBB-C937A2DB4C21.jpeg

hows it sound? 

i like my buddies gibson on his 5.0 F150 and their cat back for $500 seems to be a nice middle ground. 

i just want some sound but drive almost all highway so no drone is a must (not worried about v4 mode) 

2 hours ago, Ray Capobianco said:

hows it sound? 

i like my buddies gibson on his 5.0 F150 and their cat back for $500 seems to be a nice middle ground. 

i just want some sound but drive almost all highway so no drone is a must (not worried about v4 mode) 

My setup honestly has no drone as long as you aren’t in 5th or 6th Gear just chugging along at a low rpm 

everyday normal driving for me I honestly have no drone in the cabin. 

these MWA mufflers have no packing in them so no noise gets caught In the muffler. The sound just flows out. I 100% do not regret getting the muffler and love how it sounds.  You can check a sound clip here.  This is before my side exit. But that’s all that changed was the location of the tips. It got a little louder but nothing crazy. 

4 minutes ago, mitchely03 said:

My setup honestly has no drone as long as you aren’t in 5th or 6th Gear just chugging along at a low rpm 

everyday normal driving

for me I honestly have no drone in the cabin. 

these MWA mufflers have no packing in them so no noise gets caught In the muffler. The sound just flows out. I 100% do not regret getting the muffler and love how it sounds.  You can check a sound clip here.  This is before my side exit. But that’s all that changed was the location of the tips. It got a little louder but nothing crazy. 

great thank you for the response! 

sounds mint. 

did you remove both flaps? 

On 7/5/2020 at 4:20 PM, jgraves13 said:

Got any videos? I have the 250 in the same configuration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah trying to figure out how to get them to show to upload

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ray Capobianco said:

great thank you for the response! 

sounds mint. 

did you remove both flaps? 

Never messed with the oem exhaust flaps. That all got removed when I did my Gibson dual sport cat back