2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

Well I just got back from the shop and had my guy remove my resonator and install some tips and OMG, The Magnaflow 12259 with the resonator was nice over stock and provided a low tone sound but now without the resonator the sound is more throaty and minimal increase in db while at idle and honestly lower db at cruising speed. More db while accelerating but that is expected. 

I wish my cell phone would pick up the sound better. 

I’m thinking of going this route. Did the video not turn out well? I’d love to hear it before I make a decision this week!

Thanks,

RC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Give it a month to break in. The magnaflow 12909 / 14909 was a little noticeable vs stock on cold starts when first put on. After 600 miles it has gotten louder since the muffler packing has broken in. I had stock muffler and flapper cut out. Left resonator. Very happy with it on my 6.2L

I have a 2018 6.2L, and am thinking of going the same route. Any videos for sound?

Thanks,

RC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Recently installed a Corsa 24873 kit, sounds great, looks great. Noticed once I received it that the kit doesn’t include a flex pipe, which now has me a bit concerned. For any of you guys/gals running kits without a flex pipe, are  you having any issues??

Would it be worth it having a flex pipe added back into the system??

Recently installed a Corsa 24873 kit, sounds great, looks great. Noticed once I received it that the kit doesn’t include a flex pipe, which now has me a bit concerned. For any of you guys/gals running kits without a flex pipe, are  you having any issues?? Would it be worth it having a flex pipe added back into the system??

I’m using a Dynomax intermediate pipe with no flex pipe. Have not had any issues yet. I know they allow some movement of the exhaust under load but for the most part, I think they just make getting everything to line up a little easier. I wouldn’t be too worried about it. That Corsa should have a life warranty if something does go South.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Anyone running Kooks headers that has added wideband sensors ?

I am wondering how much room is available for the wide band sensors pre cat .

Is the y pipe real tight to the body under the truck ?

Thanks 

So I just picked up a Magnaflow exhaust system (15267) and as much as I like Magnaflow, I was really bummed out to find that they have added a flapper valve to their newest model of this exhaust.  I don't know who runs their R&D but the new version makes a ridiculous whirling noise when you give it more than half throttle.  I just tuned my truck to correct the speedo, shift points and disable the DOD so this flapper is the last thing I needed.

On 5/29/2019 at 10:15 PM, blue2003ls said:

So I just picked up a Magnaflow exhaust system (15267) and as much as I like Magnaflow, I was really bummed out to find that they have added a flapper valve to their newest model of this exhaust.  I don't know who runs their R&D but the new version makes a ridiculous whirling noise when you give it more than half throttle.  I just tuned my truck to correct the speedo, shift points and disable the DOD so this flapper is the last thing I needed.

OMFG this is terrible, did you get this fixed!?

22 minutes ago, mitchely03 said:

OMFG this is terrible, did you get this fixed!?

They are sending me the new section with the muffler but it sounds like it will still have a flapper valve.  I'm hoping they found one without the flapper, per my request but I'll see what happens. I did end up finding another guy that posted up a video with the same noise and he just clamped open the valve.  Seems like a poor fix for an $800 exhaust system.

1 hour ago, blue2003ls said:

They are sending me the new section with the muffler but it sounds like it will still have a flapper valve.  I'm hoping they found one without the flapper, per my request but I'll see what happens. I did end up finding another guy that posted up a video with the same noise and he just clamped open the valve.  Seems like a poor fix for an $800 exhaust system.

Can a muffler shop cut out the flapper?

24 minutes ago, Racindave said:

Can a muffler shop cut out the flapper?

I'm sure i could but I am fairly particular about having work done on my truck and if you are spending a lot of money on an exhaust system, you shouldn't have to take it somewhere to spend more money.  The biggest disappointment is that the sound clips on Magnaflow's web site are misleading and I can guarantee that they are not from their current version of exhaust systems.  This guy has the same issue as I do.

15 hours ago, blue2003ls said:

I'm sure i could but I am fairly particular about having work done on my truck and if you are spending a lot of money on an exhaust system, you shouldn't have to take it somewhere to spend more money.  The biggest disappointment is that the sound clips on Magnaflow's web site are misleading and I can guarantee that they are not from their current version of exhaust systems.  This guy has the same issue as I do.

Man that sounds ridiculous 

On 5/29/2019 at 11:24 AM, Todd1982 said:

Anyone running Kooks headers that has added wideband sensors ?

I am wondering how much room is available for the wide band sensors pre cat .

Is the y pipe real tight to the body under the truck ?

Thanks 

I’m not sure on kooks headers/ y pipe but my AFE y pipe is 3 inches and it has good clearance. I had throw in o2 defoulers and had good room. If you need pic let me know.