LED Front Light Bars & Pods

Ran through a grommet where steering shaft

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Damn. That was a fast reply. I barely got off the topic before I got a notification that you responded haha. What about while the wire was still under the hood. Where did you go in engine compartment? Im working on a retrofit for my fog lights right now so I can run a 55W HID without blinding other drivers and still put a monster amount of light on the road and after I'm done with that I'm either putting a bull bar that I will paint and mount a 20" bar on there or put a 30" behind the grille and forget the bull bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ran through a grommet where steering shaft

Damn. That was a fast reply. I barely got off the topic before I got a notification that you responded haha. What about while the wire was still under the hood. Where did you go in engine compartment? Im working on a retrofit for my fog lights right now so I can run a 55W HID without blinding other drivers and still put a monster amount of light on the road and after I'm done with that I'm either putting a bull bar that I will paint and mount a 20" bar on there or put a 30" behind the grille and forget the bull bar.

I ran them under the colored piece straight to the battery. From there i ran it to a relay from there 2x 22 gauge wire through steering column. Verrrry easy! Cheap napa wire loom and run it along wiper cowl

I ran them under the colored piece straight to the battery. From there i ran it to a relay from there 2x 22 gauge wire through steering column. Verrrry easy! Cheap napa wire loom and run it along wiper cowl

Alright cool thanks! Also what relay did you use? I'm not used to using relays so not sure which one to get or where I should get one from

Edited by Mike1220

Assuming I find the ideal light, I plan on cutting through the plastic. Just behind it is a metal support which looks like it'll be ideal for holding the mounts securely.

Do you have more pics of your installation? I plan to copy your idea ;) I looked quickly to remove the plastic without cutting but I'm not sure and I do not want to make any mistakes. I imagine that there is a way to remove it without difficulty according to plan. It's the part #30. But Im not really sure how can I remove it.

Thanks!

Dany

5e9986ac186446b3874dbb6072c9a2c3.jpg

Edited by Tidan99

In the pic you attached:

#30 & #21 are held in place against the bumper by #29

#29 is held by several screws on the back side of bumper

Problem is you can't get to all those screws because of the metal bumper support pieces (cut of of your pic just above #11 & #12)

So to remove #30, it's either take the bumper off -or- cut #30 into about 5 or 6 pieces (without scratching bumper above & plastic trim below). Neither was is easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would revive this thread? I have a 2014 Denali. Really seriously considering a rigid 40" behind the grill. Looking for suggestions, fit, and installation ideas? Can anyone give me some pointers? Thanks

Thought I would revive this thread? I have a 2014 Denali. Really seriously considering a rigid 40" behind the grill. Looking for suggestions, fit, and installation ideas? Can anyone give me some pointers? Thanks

I put strobes behind my Denali grille and unfortunately the grille's design does block some of the output. That said, I found there's two easy ways you could mount a bar, but both will require it to be below the GMC logo.

1) the diagonal radiator supports, which are attached to the truck, not the grille assembly

2) the vertical plastic flanges on left & right, which are just behind grille openings & part of the grille assembly.

Thanks Motomedic. This concerns we a little. Thought I read someplace a 40" fits well in front of the rad.

Has anyone had any experience with a light behind the grill? If so what are your thoughts? Thanks for all the input!

Thanks Motomedic. This concerns we a little. Thought I read someplace a 40" fits well in front of the rad.

Has anyone had any experience with a light behind the grill? If so what are your thoughts? Thanks for all the input!

40" bar fits. Or atleast a 40" from rigid industries. he2evu4e.jpg

If you have an Instagram account these guys have installed a 40" behind a grille of a 2014 sierra. They are ArkansasCustoms if you have an Instagram account and want to check them out

I will be getting my hands on a 40" in about 2 weeks. When I do I'll post up detailed pictures of my mounting locations for everyone

40" bar fits. Or atleast a 40" from rigid industries. he2evu4e.jpg

If you have an Instagram account these guys have installed a 40" behind a grille of a 2014 sierra. They are ArkansasCustoms if you have an Instagram account and want to check them out

. Mine will not be rigid but I'm getting it for $200 so it will do the job just fine...

I did see the post, unfortunately I'm getting into a new house so I have to delay my big 50" LED purchase a few more months

Nothing unfortunate about getting a house.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...