LED Front Light Bars & Pods

7 minutes ago, Bushleaguechew said:

Let us know how you end up mounting that upper bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw someone else, on one of the other threads, do it, just going to us his, when/if I get around to it.  Been planning on installing my front hitch during my holiday break from work, back in '14, when I bought it.  Yeah, about that.  Life keeps changing my plans and getting in the way.  One of these days, I'll start a thread of my build/mods, will post it there.

Edited by Ravenkeeper

Wondering how easy it was for people to feed the light bar switch into the cabin. I've seen videos where they had to drill into this rubber grommet. Looks like a pain! How did you all get the switch in there nicely??

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Wondering how easy it was for people to feed the light bar switch into the cabin. I've seen videos where they had to drill into this rubber grommet. Looks like a pain! How did you all get the switch in there nicely??

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I did the kicker factory upgrade a while back and I just went through the same penetration as those wires which is in that rubber grommet you mentioned. It's really not that hard to wire through. I just took a razor and cut a small slit in the grommet and then fished a straightened clothes hanger with string taped to the end of it through the firewall and into the floor board. then taped my wires I was pulling through to the end of the string that's about it. Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, CKrado said:

I did the kicker factory upgrade a while back and I just went through the same penetration as those wires which is in that rubber grommet you mentioned. It's really not that hard to wire through. I just took a razor and cut a small slit in the grommet and then fished a straightened clothes hanger with string taped to the end of it through the firewall and into the floor board. then taped my wires I was pulling through to the end of the string that's about it. Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes it does! The video i saw had the guy cutting the little nib completely off and then sealing it with some clear sealant/caulk. But you're right -- if the wires are small enough (which i think they are) it should fit with a minimal cut. 

I also found this! Might be useful:

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:05 PM, sirooga said:

Rough Country 30" Single Row Lightbar Kitfc1b53e5e180409402c245cd965b0f5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Nice setup,

Can I ask why you chose the very bottom row as opposed tot he one above it?

I would like to go in the slotted row above it to align with the signal lights straight across.

Installed a 42" curved bar behind the grille. Took some cutting and rigging and removing the entire grille and supports, including whats shown in the picture below.  All in all there were about 30 or more bolts to remove, misc. wiring, hood latch, and headlights.  I couldn't upload a better picture because photobucket charges and the site doesn't allow over 4.8mb pics to post.  It took about 6 hours of time, start to finish to do properly, but I like it. 

20180128_124558.jpg

Edited by DirtyMarcus

Nice setup,
Can I ask why you chose the very bottom row as opposed tot he one above it?

I would like to go in the slotted row above it to align with the signal lights straight across.
Pretty sure that was the place the rough country bracket places it. But now I'm going to have to take it apart because lining it up sounds great. The light output is great where it is.

27 minutes ago, sirooga said:

Pretty sure that was the place the rough country bracket places it. But now I'm going to have to take it apart because lining it up sounds great. The light output is great where it is.

haha makes sense. You don't find it too low?

it doesn't look restricted at all. I asked my local dealer for a quote on install along with a couple other odds and ends. I would do it myself but I'm swamped at work and would like some warranty on the work and bar itself.

Installed a 42" curved bar behind the grille. Took some cutting and rigging and removing the entire grille and supports, including whats shown in the picture below.  All in all there were about 30 or more bolts to remove, misc. wiring, hood latch, and headlights.  I couldn't upload a better picture because photobucket charges and the site doesn't allow over 4.8mb pics to post.  It took about 6 hours of time, start to finish to do properly, but I like it. 

20180128_124558.thumb.jpg.18d6a8d25779f49ffdb5310c34d9f2f7.jpg

Looks great. Sounds like a big job to install a light bar with taking off the grill. You got great results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1