LED Front Light Bars & Pods

look good , need photos of light bar ??? Please

First thing I said in my post was, "I don't have the light bar installed yet". Don't even have it purchased yet but am looking to purchase a 20" single row for the front bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't purchased any light bars yet either, but the last ones I had on my 01 Tahoe, I got off eBay really cheap and they worked great with no issues. I had a 52" above the windshield, a 24" behind the grill and two 4" pods in the factory foglight locations. Searching online the other day, I came across this website that has some really really good deals. I haven't bought from them and in no way am I affiliated with them, just passing along what looks to be some good savings on LED lights. http://www.qualitylightbar.com/ I'm probably gonna order some pretty soon.

• Like 1

I haven't purchased any light bars yet either, but the last ones I had on my 01 Tahoe, I got off eBay really cheap and they worked great with no issues. I had a 52" above the windshield, a 24" behind the grill and two 4" pods in the factory foglight locations. Searching online the other day, I came across this website that has some really really good deals. I haven't bought from them and in no way am I affiliated with them, just passing along what looks to be some good savings on LED lights. http://www.qualitylightbar.com/ I'm probably gonna order some pretty soon.

I've been skimming this thread and I didn't see any mention of the light bars on superbrightleds.com. I got a 21" for my old Jeep off there for $70. The wiring harness was $17, and I added a strobe/key fob transmitter for an extra $17. The light bar is about 4,000 lumens and has held up to some serious abuse being on the front end of the Jeep for over a year.

I chose to wire the bottom led off the parking lamp circuit. The top part comes on when the switch is rocked active.

Plate was off amazon. Find them all over the place right now on ebay, gm parts direct, rock auto had 2 in stock last week for 5 bucks more and :

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-23476237-Original-Equipment-Assembly/dp/B010GLVW90/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1486517945&sr=1-1&keywords=23476237

Ebay listings:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X23476237.TRS0&_nkw=23476237&_sacat=0

Overkill a question for you I have a 2015 Gmc has the wireing for the factory trailer. Brake behind glove box and the gave me a pig tail that plugs into it to wire to a after market trailer brake I was thinking of getting the plate you go do you know if I could wire it the the plug and use it just like a after market one with the factory look have you herd of anyone doing this or is there a topic in here if anyone doing that would you know

Overkill a question for you I have a 2015 Gmc has the wireing for the factory trailer. Brake behind glove box and the gave me a pig tail that plugs into it to wire to a after market trailer brake I was thinking of getting the plate you go do you know if I could wire it the the plug and use it just like a after market one with the factory look have you herd of anyone doing this or is there a topic in here if anyone doing that would you know

I have not seen anyone do that, but that's a great idea. I have not seen a thread, nor do I know of an attempt to make it work. I think most folks just get into a aftermarket controller and call it a day.

• Like 1

I talked to a GMC mechanic about doing this and was told that it wouldn't work because the stock one is integrated into the display. Ever notice when you are scrolling through the display that there is a blank page, that's where the settings for the brake controller would be displayed if your truck came equipped with the stock one. The day I brought my truck home I noticed the pigtail in the glove box and was all excited thinking I could do the same thing you were talking about but oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone put a light bar on a 17 yet? I purchased the RC grille light bar kit and went to install it just to find out I have active grille shutters. I read somewhere that one member just removed the shutters but left the motor so it doesnt throw the check engine light. What are your thoughts on that option as well.

i bought one very similar. worked great at first. except now it doesnt work at all. this reminds me i need to contact them and see what they will do. i really dont want to have to re wire again

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B0OAE9Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by kammi10

• 2 weeks later...

You have to play with the light and tilt it at just the right angle and that will take care of the light high pitch noise. Some foam from the box in between some fins also helped. The 1/2 tubing fixed the wind threw the door and stopped the rain from pouring in thru the door jam. Poor design by RC in my opinion . If it was up to me I wouldn't recommend them at all.

What type of tubing? Kind of looks like 1/2 clear hose.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried this setup,

http://zroadz.com/index.php/product/top-of-front-bumper-led-light-mounts/

I really like the RC light bar being behind the grille so I am kind of torn on if I like it out in front or not. Also, has anyone had any experience with ZRoadz and their lights? Are the good lights or would it be best to buy the brackets alone and get a different brand light bar?

• 1 month later...

Adding the final touches... I ordered it from Steve www.sneveysoffroad.com20inch highlander trail series with the combo beam. The install wasnt as bad as i planned till wiring the relay and switch.. Finished product evynybev.jpgRemoving grill was a BITCH... Be prepared to cuss and drink like a fish. Step one.. Open hood. Pull tabs out that hold the plastic overlay. Than there is 4x 10mm screws. Take those out... Next go in the wheel well take 2x 7or 8mm screws out. (this holds the painted peice above your bumper on) pull edges off till it reaches headlights. Now.. Slide under the head first under the bumper.. Above license plate there is painted to match clips push them with a flat head and wrap end of painted peice...There is 4x more bolts on bottom of grill a9umy4u8.jpgbyve8uje.jpg6aqu6e3a.jpgNow i used a dremel to cut slots for the mounting arm hereapu8avut.jpgDrilled holes and mounted.. PerfectlyLET THERE BE LIGHT!! THE ehare5uj.jpgyqahudub.jpgHigh beams and fogs.. (did that to) any3upa2.jpgYou can compare that to just light bar. Heres all together su9u5ere.jpgNow the best part... I'm not drilling into a 40k trucks interior... Chevy made my dah here. I just pushed my toggled switch into here.. Holds Extremely tight.. Ran wires under panel under steering wheel out the hood popper. ydu7azub.jpg3ega8e9y.jpg

I know this is a really old thread, but how is that switch working for you after this time? Any lessons learned or wish I would have done that thoughts?