LED Front Light Bars & Pods

Help how tf do i get this front bumper piece off

3e6a97bfc6fed1a3d705bb3510609a9f.jpg

Rc guide says its suppose to just pull off then undo the grille bolts, youtube vids they just pull the whole thing off then u do some bolts. Either way i feel like if i pull any harder im gonna break this damn thing, and ive already been pullin hard enough that im tired

via Tapatalk on Galaxy Note 4

The shop that installed my light bar behind the grill said the same thing, you just gotta pull the mother effer and it "should" finally come off... in theory of course lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shop that installed my light bar behind the grill said the same thing, you just gotta pull the mother effer and it "should" finally come off... in theory of course lol

There are little tabs you have to release from under the bumper. Do not just yank it off lol!

• Like 1

Help how tf do i get this front bumper piece off

3e6a97bfc6fed1a3d705bb3510609a9f.jpg

Rc guide says its suppose to just pull off then undo the grille bolts, youtube vids they just pull the whole thing off then u do some bolts. Either way i feel like if i pull any harder im gonna break this damn thing, and ive already been pullin hard enough that im tired

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=ybW_1o4Oq7Q

This video is exactly what I used.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

There are little tabs you have to release from under the bumper. Do not just yank it off lol!

Haha that's why I had a shop install it for $100! If they break it they replace it, if I eff it up then I gotta deal with it lol

• Like 1

And we blew it ... smh

Bar is on, ill have to take a look at the dash cam n grab pics. My phone died after i snapped these pics when i got it wired up.

9a14b99634697917de10ba92b4d3322a.jpg

b72f87ae869914105d40a7fbc9e8337e.jpg

Gotta figure out what im going to do with the switch. Right now its ran thru the hood hinge thru the door hinge sitting on the dash. Watching the game i didnt finish up til 10pm n i was over it and mad about the loss

And we blew it ... smh

Bar is on, ill have to take a look at the dash cam n grab pics. My phone died after i snapped these pics when i got it wired up.

Gotta figure out what im going to do with the switch. Right now its ran thru the hood hinge thru the door hinge sitting on the dash. Watching the game i didnt finish up til 10pm n i was over it and mad about the loss

looking good. need more photo's. Please

• Like 1

http://m.ebay.com/itm/wireless-remote-controller-and-receiver-for-1320-performance-relay-harness-/301759755538?hash=item4642487512%3Ag%3A-7kAAOSw42JWEZzX&_trkparms=pageci%253A33b35f20-ec79-11e6-852d-005056b6896a%257Cparentrq%253A13d7dd2815a0a6a4b2ae8407ff9c9d15%257Ciid%253A17

Plug and play into most harnesses, confirmed with my rough country kit. And if you have the integrated garage door opener you can program the remote to it.

The seller also sells full harnesses which come with the remote for $40.

Although this is a combo beam, this is a whole lot of spot. I think it have to do with the bar being so far back in the grille though as opposed to a curved bar.

Light bar only

wsdvIq6.png

Low Beam

HuKP71t.png

High Beam

tALm9nJ.png

Low, High, Light Bar

QStqGPv.png

I havent figured what do with the switch yet and i guess ill hold off on that until i decide if i want to keep the bar or not. I would like to see more light on the sides

What do you guys think?

Although this is a combo beam, this is a whole lot of spot. I think it have to do with the bar being so far back in the grille though as opposed to a curved bar.

Light bar only

wsdvIq6.png

Low Beam

HuKP71t.png

High Beam

tALm9nJ.png

Low, High, Light Bar

QStqGPv.png

I havent figured what do with the switch yet and i guess ill hold off on that until i decide if i want to keep the bar or not. I would like to see more light on the sides

What do you guys think?

looking good. Any photo of the front with your Z71 grill . How much light got block by cross bars ?

And we blew it ... smh

I used a bar similar. Ran the wiring through the door only because it caught fire when I tried to run it thru the gromet. I ran it up the A post, under the airbag and up to the center headliner panel. drilled a hole by the map light switch and mounted my switch there. Its out of the way, ppl don't "see it to play with it" and its within a convenient reach.

I used a bar similar. Ran the wiring through the door only because it caught fire when I tried to run it thru the gromet. I ran it up the A post, under the airbag and up to the center headliner panel. drilled a hole by the map light switch and mounted my switch there. Its out of the way, ppl don't "see it to play with it" and its within a convenient reach.

That was my plan. Except thru firewall but goin that requires a lot of extra wire. How i have it thru the door now barely gets about 7 or 8 inches on the dash.

The other switch i bought comes with another 3ft or wire though

Just went its first car wash as well so we'll see once it settles. Shouldnt have an issue

That was my plan. Except thru firewall but goin that requires a lot of extra wire. How i have it thru the door now barely gets about 7 or 8 inches on the dash.

Just went its first car wash as well so we'll see once it settles. Shouldnt have an issue

I extended the wiring to the switch to have it reach. Relay is mounted on the fender wall over by the master cylinder and then the wiring is extended right at about the A post, really not much of a big deal. I had to use the 90 degree female blade connectors on the switch anyways so it worked out well.

I wired through the firewall. It was a bugger to get through, but I like the cleanliness. I also purchased the trailer brake switch plate to go over the light and 4x4 control knobs, then added two toggle switches from OTRATTW similar to what's in this thread:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/171351-accessory-switches-in-upper-left-cubbypocket/?p=1604103

I was able to get the backlight powered from the unused factory plug intended for the factory-installed trailer brake. It even works with the dimmer.