LED Front Light Bars & Pods

Has anyone installed the newer OSRAM type LED light bar vs CREE?

I've been looking at this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZF34KZ8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_R-vdybZS3QW4V

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I actually just installed a Black Oak LED 30" single row light bar behind the grill. I chose the 5w osram option which is in between the 3w osram and 10w cree. The light bar is out of control bright. It's a combo light and the spot beam in the middle has a huge throw! That light will definitely reach out and touch someone. lol. The quality of black oak is second to none and I believe they still are offering 15% off on their sight. The osram leds are no joke. They're stupid bright273236c6b871cce0da08d8560c0cfb51.jpgb8eaf729d9bc3bf531caecba28f071b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Abearclaw
  • Like 1

I actually just installed a Black Oak LED 30" single row light bar behind the grill. I chose the 5w osram option which is in between the 3w osram and 10w cree. The light bar is out of control bright. It's a combo light and the spot beam in the middle has a huge throw! That light will definitely reach out and touch someone. lol. The quality of black oak is second to none and I believe they still are offering 15% off on their sight. The osram leds are no joke. They're stupid bright273236c6b871cce0da08d8560c0cfb51.jpgb8eaf729d9bc3bf531caecba28f071b9.jpg

Thanks Mike I appreciate the reply!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have a '17 LTZ and bought the rcx 30" curved for behind the grille but my truck apparently has the electronic flaps/louvers and the bar will not fit. Has anyone found a way to make the bar or a similar bar fit?

• Like 1

I have a '17 LTZ and bought the rcx 30" curved for behind the grille but my truck apparently has the electronic flaps/louvers and the bar will not fit. Has anyone found a way to make the bar or a similar bar fit?

So you have this package? http://media.gmc.com/media/us/en/gmc/news.detail.print.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2016/feb/0225-sierra-eAssist.html

I also have a 17 and was wondering if the rcx kit would fit with those flaps behind the grille. I didn't even know my truck had those flaps when I got it. Hopefully you come up with some why around them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I also have a 17 and was wondering if the rcx kit would fit with those flaps behind the grille. I didn't even know my truck had those flaps when I got it. Hopefully you come up with some why around them.

I looked yesterday and they take up the whole area behind the grille

I looked yesterday and they take up the whole area behind the grille

What are the dimensions of the light bar as far as depth? I know there's a little room. I just don't know if a different light bar might fit.

Reasons why I didn't buy a dodge and got the gmc for some reason gmc doesn't put those in there grill but at times with the big grill openings gmc has the amount of crap that gets in there sucks Good luck what about putting the bar under the bumper by the plate like some people have

What are the dimensions of the light bar as far as depth? I know there's a little room. I just don't know if a different light bar might fit.

I checked, there's literally no room. A few pieces of paper would be tight lol.

Reasons why I didn't buy a dodge and got the gmc for some reason gmc doesn't put those in there grill but at times with the big grill openings gmc has the amount of crap that gets in there sucks Good luck what about putting the bar under the bumper by the plate like some people have

I believe the 17 GMCs have them also, ford started in 15. I don't like the bar hanging down under the bumper like that lol