LED Front Light Bars & Pods

so I also bought this bar and installed it this weekend. The "heavy duty harness" that I bought with it SUCKS!!! The switch harness completely melted together and had I not have been sitting in the vehicle, the whole thing would have caught fire!!!! The power harness and the bar harness were fine, the switch line, not smuch! Emailed the company immediately.....waiting to see what they have to say.

Got mine mounted up last weekend along with my HID's. I went with a 32" Ni-Light from Amazon. It looks great and so far has survived two pressure washes!

hid.jpg
hid2.jpg
hid3.jpg

so I also bought this bar and installed it this weekend. The "heavy duty harness" that I bought with it SUCKS!!! The switch harness completely melted together and had I not have been sitting in the vehicle, the whole thing would have caught fire!!!! The power harness and the bar harness were fine, the switch line, not smuch! Emailed the company immediately.....waiting to see what they have to say.

Did you use a relay or just pipe all the electricity through the switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a relay. 12V 40A relay. It was all included with the harness. Even to the point of having a plug and play setup. 30amp fuse to the battery, thinking I need to put a fuse link on the switch line!! Sent pics over to the company and I will give them credit, they asked more if my truck was alright and if there were any damages to my truck. Not sure if that is genuine or not wanting me to say their product caused it lol.

• Like 1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByUu95owTTAwQ0g2bjZlR0tFSHRKeWsxRzBTQldmMVFVUWhF/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByUu95owTTAwR3BkakdGaS1UZ0x6bEJGVjFtbThaNHhWUWlj/view?usp=sharing

After removing the outer casing on the wire, this is what I found...sorry about the link share, don't know how else to post. pics are over the 1MB limit...

• Like 1

Wow that is not good! I have not had any problems with mine and this is the harness I used which is a different brand then the light bar:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SAAW8Y8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s04?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Glad you caught it in time before something major happened.

Heard back from the company. Every other word in the email was "friend" so that was pretty amusing and painful to read, however, they are sending me a new wiring harness and also sending me a set of 35 watt LED bars as well. Not quite sure what Ill do with them, but at least this company is trying to make it right from my email!!

Heard back from the company. Every other word in the email was "friend" so that was pretty amusing and painful to read, however, they are sending me a new wiring harness and also sending me a set of 35 watt LED bars as well. Not quite sure what Ill do with them, but at least this company is trying to make it right from my email!!

At least there trying to make things right for you . keep us posted

• 1 month later...