LED Front Light Bars & Pods

20160216_175832.jpg 20160216_175846.jpg 20160216_175909.jpg 20160216_180054.jpg 20160216_180235.jpg

9886501a15221edd915880828638e407.jpg62068d8dd33d9f1aaa7150d12b6f1de3.jpg1c74a909b67be7b695069e58f3bc2ab5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

How has this setup held up? Were those nut certs?

Hey guys, I haven't posted on this forum yet but I have read and got a lot of great ideas.

Forgive me if this has already been posted but i put in a rough country 30" curved light bar behind my grill. The light bar itself is more pricey than a Chinese light bar but seems of good quality. The real reason I bought it was for the mounting bracket. It's awesome, a few bolts and that's it. No cutting, drilling, or measuring. And there wiring harness is of excellent quality also. Wrapped in braided nylon of some kind. Plug and play with the Totron wireless remote. And that remote does work with the home link. You can order the bracket without the light bar if you wanted to find a cheaper one (I'm assuming other light bar brands would work but I would check your actual sizes). And on there website it only has the Sierra bracket (they say the Chevy bracket was different?) in a package with a single row light bar. I just called and ordered the double row 30" curved with the gmc bracket. Great customer service just call with any questions and they have really fast shipping. Looks great on my 2015 Sierra all terrain, and my buddy did it the same way on his 16 sierra Slt.

Rough country part #s

Bracket for gmc- 70620 $34.95

30" curved dual row light bar- 72930

Link to remote from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UR2DIRI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1VCUEXC0WYJIA&coliid=I1DCFS6XVN5TLT

Link to install instructions of brackets that has pics

http://s3.amazonaws.com/roughcountry/install/927062000.pdf

I was talking about this another thread. They only show sierras on their website that have the all terrain grill. What about the SLT and SLE grills? Would the double row light bar fit right in the bottom opening of those grills? I really want to order thier double row kit with the sierra brackets but want to make sure it centers the light bar in bottom opening of the SLE grill.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Edited by knkguillot

My buddy and I did this at the same time and he has an SLT 2016 it fit in the bottom opening of the grill. where on my all terrain its in the middle. If you check out the pics of there brackets on the instructions there are multiple positions you could put it. We didn't try any other ones cause he wanted the bottom slot in the grill.

My buddy and I did this at the same time and he has an SLT 2016 it fit in the bottom opening of the grill. where on my all terrain its in the middle. If you check out the pics of there brackets on the instructions there are multiple positions you could put it. We didn't try any other ones cause he wanted the bottom slot in the grill.

Anyway you can get pics of his?

Sent

i dont know why haven't got your email. the pics he sent me are to large to upload?

I have know idea what I'm doing lol

you can text if you want 9189162951

Hey guys, I haven't posted on this forum yet but I have read and got a lot of great ideas.

Forgive me if this has already been posted but i put in a rough country 30" curved light bar behind my grill. The light bar itself is more pricey than a Chinese light bar but seems of good quality. The real reason I bought it was for the mounting bracket. It's awesome, a few bolts and that's it. No cutting, drilling, or measuring. And there wiring harness is of excellent quality also. Wrapped in braided nylon of some kind. Plug and play with the Totron wireless remote. And that remote does work with the home link. You can order the bracket without the light bar if you wanted to find a cheaper one (I'm assuming other light bar brands would work but I would check your actual sizes). And on there website it only has the Sierra bracket (they say the Chevy bracket was different?) in a package with a single row light bar. I just called and ordered the double row 30" curved with the gmc bracket. Great customer service just call with any questions and they have really fast shipping. Looks great on my 2015 Sierra all terrain, and my buddy did it the same way on his 16 sierra Slt.

Rough country part #s

Bracket for gmc- 70620 $34.95

30" curved dual row light bar- 72930

Link to remote from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UR2DIRI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1VCUEXC0WYJIA&coliid=I1DCFS6XVN5TLT

Link to install instructions of brackets that has pics

http://s3.amazonaws.com/roughcountry/install/927062000.pdf

That doesn't look too bad for a mounting bracket. I would consider them as an option.

Anyone have this on his truck?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5D-CREE-54-Inch-728W-Curved-Led-Work-Light-Bar-Combo-Offroad-Driving-Camper-Boat-/121911447142?hash=item1c627d0e66:g:Qx0AAOSwoBtW1pJV&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-15-GMC-CHEVROLET-Roof-Mount-Brackets-for-54Inch-CURVED-LED-WORK-Light-Bar-XM-/262275118615?hash=item3d10d0b617:g:mYkAAOSwhcJWH3jn&vxp=mtr

Paint my fog light corner and my miroir white. Add 19'' led bar and Morimoto 9012 HID Headlights (5500K bulbs with 35W ballasts) and 5202 HID fog light (5500K bulbs with 35W ballasts). I will check to add 54'' curved light bar.

IMG_1120_zpse5firowu.jpg

Edited by Tidan99

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished installing the Rough Country light bar kit with a switch. How do you guys route the hardwired switc from the engine bay to the cabin? I can't seem to find a way through the firewall. I ended up routing the wire from the side door hinge and underneath the weatherstripping. I put some electrical tape on the metal frame so the wire won't get chaffed. But there's gotta be a better way.

I just finished installing the Rough Country light bar kit with a switch. How do you guys route the hardwired switc from the engine bay to the cabin? I can't seem to find a way through the firewall. I ended up routing the wire from the side door hinge and underneath the weatherstripping. I put some electrical tape on the metal frame so the wire won't get chaffed. But there's gotta be a better way.

98db20e080920a1a1120b6f7962b0339.jpg

There is a small circle on top of the large grommet in the driver side of the firewall. Cut a slit in it and fish your wire through. This is the method recommended for routing the power wires for the GM kicker system. Tip: remove the 3 nuts holding the power distribution box on the interior and move it slightly out of the way to make it easier to fish the wires through the firewall. I have installed my kicker power wires and rough country harness through here with no trouble.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Installed this last month. Rough country single row light bar. It took about 45 minutes to install using the vehicle specific brackets from rough country. 5ab3ee3ef9e81ebbc004fbea12a8b26a.jpg

• Like 3

Installed this last month. Rough country single row light bar. It took about 45 minutes to install using the vehicle specific brackets from rough country. 5ab3ee3ef9e81ebbc004fbea12a8b26a.jpg

I wanna see that sucker on at night!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1