LED Front Light Bars & Pods

Well since you have the Denali grill you've for more space to work with in placement of your lights. That grill has the same pattern all around vs SLE/SLT and A/T grill you have to work with the spacing of the grill to fit between slats. You'd have to put both down low. Definitely wouldn't fit up top with the grill mount tabs. Even still on the bottom it would be really tight, but looks doable. Maybe consider one double row and one single row?

51d2dcc9ac8c001b664cfa4fe5d5ce28.jpg

My AT grill compared to Denali grill

0d061e6e9873d66e79d400c13b4d04dc.jpg

51bb27fe516661f6eef0f46c0fa13cdd.jpg

Man I just noticed the Red Denali in this pic has WA plates.

Sent from my SG Note 4 on Tapatalk

I have the same grill on my 15 Sierra Denali 5.3L... Was thinking about doing this but wasn't sure about light output being overly blocked.

Do it you wont be let down. I still get a giggle when I turn it on.

20150623_145731_zpsyvhyq0hh.jpg

• Like 1

Do it you wont be let down. I still get a giggle when I turn it on.

20150623_145731_zpsyvhyq0hh.jpg

... And the giggle is due too? Lol. Question: your light bar seems a tad lower than the one on the red Denali. Is that personal preference, or bc of mounting restrictions? Lastly are your fog lights square if so how difficult was the mounting? Thanks in advance

... And the giggle is due too? Lol. Question: your light bar seems a tad lower than the one on the red Denali. Is that personal preference, or bc of mounting restrictions? Lastly are your fog lights square if so how difficult was the mounting? Thanks in advance

The giggle is due to the amount of light it puts out. I have the same light bar as the other truck, mine is lower because I didnt drill into the angle supports. I used a set of brackets that a member on here makes colton_m. The fogs are a set of Rigid Industries D2 Duallys with their mounting brackets. Install only took maybe an hour.

20150218_165314_zpssjl3d7uq.jpg

20150218_163225_zpst3rrl4u3.jpg

20150218_160408_zpsrznzs36c.jpg

• Like 4

The giggle is due to the amount of light it puts out. I have the same light bar as the other truck, mine is lower because I didnt drill into the angle supports. I used a set of brackets that a member on here makes colton_m. The fogs are a set of Rigid Industries D2 Duallys with their mounting brackets. Install only took maybe an hour.

20150218_165314_zpssjl3d7uq.jpg

20150218_163225_zpst3rrl4u3.jpg

20150218_160408_zpsrznzs36c.jpg

Ohhh, the light bar that blast a beam of LEDs??....lol. Now i see. I like the look and idea of the bracket. It appears to give you a little more flexibility with positioning. I need to find that member and get a set of brackets. How was the wiring, I am far from electrically inclined (giggle inserted).. What method did you use to turn on the light bar, switch, tied in to something else? And lastly your fogs. Since your old fogs were circular, how did you fix that issue with the Rigids being square. Thanks for the pics and the insight. Im trying to be methodical with my MODS. Im coming from a BMW Coupe, and mods were unheard of for me. Im loving this truck, and all the mod knowledge that comes with it...

Ohhh, the light bar that blast a beam of LEDs??....lol. Now i see. I like the look and idea of the bracket. It appears to give you a little more flexibility with positioning. I need to find that member and get a set of brackets. How was the wiring, I am far from electrically inclined (giggle inserted).. What method did you use to turn on the light bar, switch, tied in to something else? And lastly your fogs. Since your old fogs were circular, how did you fix that issue with the Rigids being square. Thanks for the pics and the insight. Im trying to be methodical with my MODS. Im coming from a BMW Coupe, and mods were unheard of for me. Im loving this truck, and all the mod knowledge that comes with it...

The wiring wasn't bad at all. The wires go to the battery across the firewall and into the cab. Once inside up the A-pillar and across the headliner. Here is where I mounted the switch:

20150414_194039_zps4neejaze.jpg

For the fogs you have to pull the factory light out and cut the mounting pocket out so the Rigids will fit. The lights bolt up the brackets that sandwhich the plastic that is there. Here is a thread on them:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/166366-anyone-have-rigid-fog-light-install-kit-and-duallyd2-lights/?hl=rigid

Would you happen to have some pics with the light bar turned on at night from inside the cab?

No I haven't taken any pics of the light output yet.

Cyclone how much did you pay for them brackets? And what size is your light bar?

My light bar is a 30" Curved from Totron. Here is his for sale thread: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/169005-201415-silverado-sierra-light-bar-mounting-brackets/?hl=colton_m

• Like 1

The wiring wasn't bad at all. The wires go to the battery across the firewall and into the cab. Once inside up the A-pillar and across the headliner. Here is where I mounted the switch:

20150414_194039_zps4neejaze.jpg

For the fogs you have to pull the factory light out and cut the mounting pocket out so the Rigids will fit. The lights bolt up the brackets that sandwhich the plastic that is there. Here is a thread on them:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/166366-anyone-have-rigid-fog-light-install-kit-and-duallyd2-lights/?hl=rigid

No I haven't taken any pics of the light output yet.

My light bar is a 30" Curved from Totron. Here is his for sale thread: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/169005-201415-silverado-sierra-light-bar-mounting-brackets/?hl=colton_m

Location for the switch was a genius move.

Thanks for the info. I see the brackets cost 150$ that's way to much for me. I'll just go to Home Depot and get some nuts and bolts and drill into the metal bars . I like that spot where u put the switch at. I was going to throw it up there my self but I decided to put my switchs to the left of my steering colum. Yes there's going to be a chance I might hit it with my knee but so far I haven't touched it with my knee yet.

• Like 1

Will

Post some pics of the location that you chose. Im liking where Cyclone put his, It comes across as a stock switch per-say. Im just looking at other ideas. Im sorta putting myself in a buyers shoes, and asking myself what would I say if i seen a switch there(?????). Im analytic so i go through this all the time....lol.

Here's mine to the left of the steering column. If you put it on the lip where I put mine, you wont accidentally hit it with anything.

BF4DC439-B716-4CCF-918A-C5B7F9155A36.jpg

Thanks brother

Here is a bracket I made out of 1/8th plate. I used u bolts to mount it so that I would have to drill into that cross member. I designed it in a way that you can leave everything loose and adjust it to fit perfectly where you need it to go. I could CAD up a template if anyone is interested.

I made this using a hack sa and a hand drill. If you had some better power tools you could definitely clean it up.
f032a982c4ebe37fd84c304dd372eee4.jpg
b69e0f5e5d0c8c938532af11dfc78a82.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by agentf
  • Like 5

Here is a bracket I made out of 1/8th plate. I used u bolts to mount it so that I would have to drill into that cross member. I designed it in a way that you can leave everything loose and adjust it to fit perfectly where you need it to go. I could CAD up a template if anyone is interested.

I made this using a hack sa and a hand drill. If you had some better power tools you could definitely clean it up.

f032a982c4ebe37fd84c304dd372eee4.jpg

b69e0f5e5d0c8c938532af11dfc78a82.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work..