LED Front Light Bars & Pods

This is my video, I show How to use a diode to use reverse led lights with a switch and with reverse. In your case instead of taping into the reverse for power, you'll tap into the hi beam but the rest will be the same.

2014 Silverado 2WT CC Summit White 4.3L V6

DROPKICK Edition

IG: jorge_dropkick_rangel

That doesn't look to hard. I guess I just have to find the high beam power wire and just tap into that. Do u have a video on how u did it with your light bar?

That doesn't look to hard. I guess I just have to find the high beam power wire and just tap into that. Do u have a video on how u did it with your light bar?

My bar and pods are independent. There's a wiring sheet somewhere here that shows you what color wire and what it is. And they are all connected under the steering wheel. There's a thread on fog lights on with hi beam. Let me find it when I get home and I'll tell you where you find the wire.

DROPKICK Edition

6b37cf57b4732ee4ad5a700be37fb32e.jpg found it. Not sure what size amp you'll need in order to work the light bar but the ones that fit inside like in the picture are tiny, I think 1amp. The ones I used on that video are thicker. What you can do is remove that wire block and strip the hi beam wire enough to t tap it so you can use the bigger diode.

Edited by NitroDatsik

My bar and pods are independent. There's a wiring sheet somewhere here that shows you what color wire and what it is. And they are all connected under the steering wheel. There's a thread on fog lights on with hi beam. Let me find it when I get home and I'll tell you where you find the wire.

DROPKICK Edition

IG: jorge_dropkick_rangel6b37cf57b4732ee4ad5a700be37fb32e.jpg found it. Not sure what size amp you'll need in order to work the light bar but the ones that fit inside like in the picture are tiny, I think 1amp. The ones I used on that video are thicker. What you can do is remove that wire block and strip the hi beam wire enough to t tap it so you can use the bigger diode.

Yeah I'm going to do what you did with the fog lights but with my high beams. I'll just have to figure out what size diode I need to get. I do have a question. So the from the high beam wire i T tap into it and then right behind that I got the diode and then from there i have to do another T tap into the power wire on the light bar?

Yeah I'm going to do what you did with the fog lights but with my high beams. I'll just have to figure out what size diode I need to get. I do have a question. So the from the high beam wire i T tap into it and then right behind that I got the diode and then from there i have to do another T tap into the power wire on the light bar?

From the hi beam wire you t tap, is like a clamp looking thing that clamps into that wire, now you need a male quick connect, that will slide into the t tap from behind. The diode will be connected to that male quick connect. The other side of the diode you can use a butt connector or whatever they are called (plastic tube with metal interior) and connect your relay wire (to power light bar) to it. You can buy all those stuff in bulk from Amazon on the cheap. Or radio shake but a little more expensive. Try to find information on your light bar to see how many amps it pulls and get diodes for that rating.

DROPKICK Edition

Edited by NitroDatsik

From the hi beam wire you t tap, is like a clamp looking thing that clamps into that wire, now you need a male quick connect, that will slide into the t tap from behind. The diode will be connected to that male quick connect. The other side of the diode you can use a butt connector or whatever they are called (plastic tube with metal interior) and connect your relay wire (to power light bar) to it. You can buy all those stuff in bulk from Amazon on the cheap. Or radio shake but a little more expensive. Try to find information on your light bar to see how many amps it pulls and get diodes for that rating.

DROPKICK Edition

When you say connet the relay wire to the power wire on the light bar. Do u mean anywhere on the power wire?

When you say connet the relay wire to the power wire on the light bar. Do u mean anywhere on the power wire?

If I'm not mistaken, all this will Happen under the driver side. So the diode will go from the hi beam wire to the wire that carries the power from the switch to the bar. That's what I mean, Because like this the signal of power will go from Hu beam signal and travel into the the wire that carries the power back into the light bar. If that makes sense.

DROPKICK Edition

Just wondering, I have 2 Rigid D2 Driving beam light in place of my factory fog lights. They are bright and light up the ditches but still don't light up any farther than my factory low beams. I don't want to do the mod to make my fogs come on with my hi beams. Is a spot light or combo beam light bar really going to make that much of a difference if I add one behind my grille?

Just wondering, I have 2 Rigid D2 Driving beam light in place of my factory fog lights. They are bright and light up the ditches but still don't light up any farther than my factory low beams. I don't want to do the mod to make my fogs come on with my hi beams. Is a spot light or combo beam light bar really going to make that much of a difference if I add one behind my grille?

Light bar seem to be way brighter. I only have a 20" behind my grill but is a 5watt osram led 4d bar and after I aimed it correctly is so bright and shines far away.

DROPKICK Edition

A light bar definitely will

Heres my low beams. 55W 5000K HID's

3E8B6C4C-BC47-4F07-800D-92A47302B2EB.jpg

Here's low beams and light bar. Picture doesn't do it justice, but it lights things up 100+ yards away

7B1376F6-0FBB-4C87-8CEF-B3B435827C3F.jpg

• Like 1

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what amp diode I need. This is the light bar I got http://www.amazon.com/18000lm-Auxiliary-Lighting-Off-Road-Lights/dp/B00FWOKKGI/ref=sr_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1444598481&sr=1-4&keywords=Led+light+bar

Please if someone can help

does anyone have problems with their combo bar behind the grill? my bar seems to "flood more" than be a spotlight. Maybe i just have it aimed correctly as alot of the light seems to go up in the trees. The light bar had fantastic reviews and is bright as shit when i stand in front of it so i dont think its the bar.

Just bought a 32 inch led bar and doing some mock ups and it will fit perfect in the lower part of the grill! Also just ordered the rigid industries wiring kit. I don't like the switch so I think I wanna get another one. Hopefully the electrical side of the house isn't too hard.i would like to have it hooked up to my my high beams but it seems to hard for me since I don't like to mess with electrical stuff.

I've got the LTZ/Z71 myself, and I'm looking forward to hearing about your install.. Have you spoke to anyone who has the same grill, done a double row install? How is it? I'm torn between going 32" behind grill, or 52" curved just above bumper.....

A light bar definitely will

Heres my low beams. 55W 5000K HID's

Here's low beams and light bar. Picture doesn't do it justice, but it lights things up 100+ yards away

Keerslight.. I just got your username after reading it again! haha.. anyway.. question.. how much of a PITA are those 55w HIDs to install? Did you do the projector too, or just the bulb? Any known issues or is it a clean install? I'd appreciate your experience on it.

Edited by seaneboy

I've got the LTZ/Z71 myself, and I'm looking forward to hearing about your install.. Have you spoke to anyone who has the same grill, done a double row install? How is it? I'm torn between going 32" behind grill, or 52" curved just above bumper.....

I'll take some pics of the install. I had the light bar for a week now but I've been trying to figure out this diode situation but I'm just going to hook up the bar for now and later I'll do the diode. I'm pretty sure a 40 inch bar will fit the bottom of the grill but the top I don't know about that. You would probably have to get a single row bar for the top. I'm going to see how the grill looks like with the bar behind it and then I'll see if I want a bar up top of the cab.