LED Front Light Bars & Pods

Your install looks fantastic. So we're coming up on one year down the road from your post. How is everything holding up? Lightbar still working as expected? How about the grill? How has it held up to the heat of those uber hot lights cooking away behind the grill? Any warping or melting?

Everything has been fantastic. The light still works perfectly, the grill still looks brand new. No complaints at all. Lights up the whole world in front of me.....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've read through just about every thread regarding light bars etc. I want to put a 30" curved double row light bar behind the grill. I've seen plenty of members trucks with this same setup behind SLE/SLT and Denali grills, but I haven't been able to find one behind an All-Terrain grill. Measuring the gaps in my grill I measure 2.1/4". From what I've read, any double row light bar will be about 23/4"-3" wide. I know I'll lose some output mounting behind the grill regardless, but I just want to go with a setup that would net me the most light output.

Does anyone have any pictures of a light bar behind an All-Terrain grill or have any experience with putting one behind the grill on an All-Terrain? Just want to know what will work best.

Thanks in advance.

I've read through just about every thread regarding light bars etc. I want to put a 30" curved double row light bar behind the grill. I've seen plenty of members trucks with this same setup behind SLE/SLT and Denali grills, but I haven't been able to find one behind an All-Terrain grill. Measuring the gaps in my grill I measure 2.1/4". From what I've read, any double row light bar will be about 23/4"-3" wide. I know I'll lose some output mounting behind the grill regardless, but I just want to go with a setup that would net me the most light output.

Does anyone have any pictures of a light bar behind an All-Terrain grill or have any experience with putting one behind the grill on an All-Terrain? Just want to know what will work best.

Thanks in advance.

I added you to one of my conversations that has pics of a double row bar behind a AT grille.

• Like 1

Question for all that have installed lights with a lit rocker switch inside the cab. What did you splice into to get the rocker switch to be lit up. The one I have has a one foot positive wire coming off meant to power the light in the switch. Would like to know if people just attached it to the constant power coming from the battery or if you found a place inside the cab to hook it into. All help is greatly appreciated. Will be putting a 32" behind the grill tomorrow night(hopefully doesn't carry over into Saturday). Thanks in advance.

Also have a totron wireless controller that i would like to use instead but I've talked to them and they don't have a wiring diagram for it to use with a NON-totron wiring harness. Been in garage trying to figure out a way to get it to work with no avail. Anyone have experience with this possibly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by sundj15

Question for all that have installed lights with a lit rocker switch inside the cab. What did you splice into to get the rocker switch to be lit up. The one I have has a one foot positive wire coming off meant to power the light in the switch. Would like to know if people just attached it to the constant power coming from the battery or if you found a place inside the cab to hook it into. All help is greatly appreciated. Will be putting a 32" behind the grill tomorrow night(hopefully doesn't carry over into Saturday). Thanks in advance.

Also have a totron wireless controller that i would like to use instead but I've talked to them and they don't have a wiring diagram for it to use with a NON-totron wiring harness. Been in garage trying to figure out a way to get it to work with no avail. Anyone have experience with this possibly?

Most rocker switches have 3 terminals or more. 1 incoming power, 2 power going back out to accessory, 3 switch ground. The switch ground is what let's the switch light turn on when the switch is on. Just ground it to bare metal, now if you want the light to always be on then I can't help you there lol.

2014 Silverado 2WT CC Summit White 4.3L V6

DROPKICK Edition

IG: jorge_dropkick_rangel

Yeah I got that. Maybe I worded my post a bit wrong. I meant that I have a switch that is also lit up in the cab. I was wondering what people were getting poet from to power that small light in the switch. (Not the led bar)

You guys with lightbars and pods installed, where are you running your wires to get into the cab?

you best bet is to get a wireless remote. A whole lot easier than running into the cab and you dont havevto drill any holes.

I bought the Kawell wireless wiring harness from Amazon and it hooks up to any light bar.

You guys with lightbars and pods installed, where are you running your wires to get into the cab?

The Kawell wireless harness from Amazon. I have 3 in my truck hooked up so I can remote power everything Im adding.

you best bet is to get a wireless remote. A whole lot easier than running into the cab and you dont havevto drill any holes.

The Kawell wireless harness from Amazon. I have 3 in my truck hooked up so I can remote power everything Im adding.

I appreciate the feedback guys. I've thought about going that route and I still might, but I would personally like to have a mounted switch. Maybe I'll install a wireless harness first and see how I like it. I installed a light bar on a friends Tacoma and pulled the wires through the rubber grommet where the existing wires were already through the firewall. I have been traveling and haven't had a chance to look under the hood yet. Could this route be a possibility with these trucks?

Edited by Kerrslight

That's what I did with mine. If you get down and look by the brake pedal to the left and you will find another electric box. I unhooked the harnesses and unscrewed the box and behind it is the wiring harnesses to the engine compartment. I just straightened a wire clothes hanger and put it through. It happened to come out right with the others. It's actually a lot easier than it looks.

That's what I did with mine. If you get down and look by the brake pedal to the left and you will find another electric box. I unhooked the harnesses and unscrewed the box and behind it is the wiring harnesses to the engine compartment. I just straightened a wire clothes hanger and put it through. It happened to come out right with the others. It's actually a lot easier than it looks.

Just making sure I understand you correctly. You went through the location where the majority of the wires are coming in through the firewall correct? It sounds like what your describing is exactly what I did on my friends Tacoma.